P1000 Hard Top / Roof Options P1000-3.

C

Classyusa

Jul 4, 2021
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello, new to the board.

Just purchased a 21 Pio1000-3. I have been looking at roof options.

I am wondering if any stand out better than others. I was looking at a simple aluminum set up but it looks like most builds use a plastic top.

I just ordered a Rough Country full windshield and will be looking at adding hard doors and rear window sooner than later.

Any help is appreciated .

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are planning on using hard doors I would recommend picking that brand first and then searching what fits with that brand versus chosing a roof first. To get a good hard door seal you want to match the roof with the hard doors you chose. Most hard door manufacturers will list what fits with their doors the best.

As far as roof material there is a lot of debate. Aluminum roofs are durable but some say can be loud and echo. Some prefer plastic. It's whatever makes you comfortable and fits your doors.

I use the Honda OEM roof and Honda OEM soft doors. I don't know if I like the doors. I used them once during winter and just fogged up my interior and didn't really feel like I was sealed. I won't use them again until this upcoming winter. I don't have a heater and I did not use any anti fog on my window. I use the SuperATV flip up. If I did a window choice over again it most likely would have been a flip up glass.

Welcome to the best place in earth.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well first off.......welcome from South FL !!
We need some pics of your ride (we like pics 😂)

Lost of people like the OEM Honda plastic roof, it slides nice against objects and it can take a beating and then some 👍

C

Classyusa

Jul 4, 2021
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It is bare bone stock ATM . I ordered the RC windshield and a Honda stock roof.

I am now considering a soft top half door that utilizes the stock bottom half doors.

Rain is a big concern. Are there options like what I described that seal well?

And I think my GF ordered me an Ice Crusher cab heater for my bday. It is for her more than me since she is always cold. Lol.

I will post some pics up when the parts come in and I get them installed.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will say you are not "supposed" to use a wiper on plexi glass windshields. One of the reasons I would have chosen glass if I could go back. As far as rain goes getting a good cab seal will ALWAYS be a challenge with the pioneers. If you get the cab closed up and don't mind a little wet then you will be fine.

DIRTBILY

DIRTBILY

May 31, 2021
Grantville Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It is bare bone stock ATM . I ordered the RC windshield and a Honda stock roof.

I am now considering a soft top half door that utilizes the stock bottom half doors.

Rain is a big concern. Are there options like what I described that seal well?

And I think my GF ordered me an Ice Crusher cab heater for my bday. It is for her more than me since she is always cold. Lol.

I will post some pics up when the parts come in and I get them installed.
Dude!! Your GF ordered parts for your machine??? Brother you have a keeper put a ring on it tonight!!!!

I have a full "armor kit" on mine, back glass, front glass and steel roof. Had full doors but went back to half doors no net. Like it was said above your not going to build a "water/rain proof" machine unless your only going to drive on flat surfaces. The second you flex anything, even just a little in a down pour your gonna get water in the cab.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!