P700 Hard Up and Down Shifting

C

Clutch

Jun 11, 2019
UNY
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello All.

New to the forum, and a new-to-me 2016 P700. Has about 200 hours on it and seems like a really nice machine. I notice when we take it just down the road, it seems like it shifts really really hard. Its not as big of a deal on the upshifts, but when riding with other people and slowing down, its a pretty abrupt change.

I havent dug into it at all yet, and some googling doesnt show me much about it. My only thought is maybe to check the oil to make sure the level is Ok, but is there anything else that anyone knows of that would be the first place to look?

Thanks in advance!

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello All.

New to the forum, and a new-to-me 2016 P700. Has about 200 hours on it and seems like a really nice machine. I notice when we take it just down the road, it seems like it shifts really really hard. Its not as big of a deal on the upshifts, but when riding with other people and slowing down, its a pretty abrupt change.

I havent dug into it at all yet, and some googling doesnt show me much about it. My only thought is maybe to check the oil to make sure the level is Ok, but is there anything else that anyone knows of that would be the first place to look?

Thanks in advance!
it does have an engine braking program in it to conserve brakes on down hill slopes. usually 3rd to 2nd isnt all that bad but 2nd to first will give you a little shift in the seat. also after market exhaust and spark arrestors increase this as well. not sure if you have aftermarket or not. just tossing that out there. mine brakes really hard now that i have the 32s and portals . but its equiv of running a 23 inch tire basically

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Clutch and Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes, definitely check your oil. Keep riding it to shake loose any problems. It took me a bunch of miles to get used to the trans in the seven hundo. I work the throttle if I need to keep it from engine braking. ;)

C

Clutch

Jun 11, 2019
UNY
Ownership

1. 700-2
I appreciate the responses fellas.

Im still getting used to it, so I just wanted to make sure thats the way its supposed to be and not an issue that isnt normal. Sounds like its probably closer to the normal end....

Exhaust, tires, wheels are all stock, no mods that I am aware of. The tires are a replacement from OEM, but are the stock size, so not changing the gearing or anything crazy like that. I think Im just used to driving our old golf cart a little more gently, and maybe the Pioneer doesnt like the tender foot...

Reactions: Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!