P500 have a completely cracked exhaust pipe

S

supab7

Aug 11, 2020
Tampa
Ownership

1. 500
anyone on here have experience replacing? Better to go with oem or does it make sense to upgrade entire system? I've been looking over diagrams on partzilla and doesn't seem to list the pipe itself anywhere. All the shields and muffler are fine as well.

Thanks in advance for any info / guidance.
PXL 20201222 173159756 2

• Wow
Reactions: 500oneer and Mudder
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Did you have any rattle or vibration before this happened ?
Wouldn't think old enough to rust through.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve heard rumor of the red P5’s being able to get enormous air with their built in extra speed and it having unfortunate side effects like this. Just too much power in red.

#NTC

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
As mentioned above, I would try the warranty angle and because of emissions, you might get this replaced for nothing. If not, I'm an OEM kind of guy and would go that route vs. an aftermarket pipe.

Last edited:
S

supab7

Aug 11, 2020
Tampa
Ownership

1. 500
thanks for the insight. It's a 2017 model. wouldn't be under warranty would it. I did not hear a vibration just seemed a little bit louder one day and I saw the crack, was simply going to fill/tape but took a week to do so by that time it had completely cracked.

Too funny about the red ones catching air. could be true because my green one hasn't ever been airborne. lol

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Need to find the reason it cracked.
If no rust.
Flex for some reason most likely.
Missing bolt?
Broken mount.?
Bad weld?
Others will add to the list of ideas.

Reactions: Mudwing
S

supab7

Aug 11, 2020
Tampa
Ownership

1. 500
Local Honda shop says $500 to replace because its one complete unit including muffler. Any good sites to recommend to shop for either a after market oem or after market upgrade?

As far a potential reason, the only thing I can think of is the crack occurred right above a weld. Not sure if you can tell in the photo or not.

Thansk again.

• Sad
Reactions: NTCPrezJB
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Local Honda shop says $500 to replace because its one complete unit including muffler. Any good sites to recommend to shop for either a after market oem or after market upgrade?

As far a potential reason, the only thing I can think of is the crack occurred right above a weld. Not sure if you can tell in the photo or not.

Thansk again.
If it hasn't rusted itself to bits, take the pipe in to a local weld shop.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!