P700 Header pipe question

B

Beast

Sep 26, 2018
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 700-2
I started the 7hun, let it warm up until one bar. My 12yo and I headed out on a five mile jaunt. We went through zig-zagging woods, 10” deep water and mud,had some steep hills, too! We hit a couple straight aways and topped out at 34 MPH. Then headed home. All in all, about a half hour of riding. I parked her and shut her down and popped the seat off and took some pics. It glows pretty good for about a minute.

View attachment 89943 View attachment 89944 View attachment 89945

Thanks for the help and info I appreciate it .
Must b more normal than I thought. So that calms me down about it more .
I guess my only concern now is if mine gets hot too quick . I can ride around neighborhood and it will b glowing like that if I hop off and stick my head where my rear tire is and look at header . U took 30 min ride . I would think yours probably does same thing though . I’ve through more fuel to it again and it still does it . I may go the other way and reduce fuel and take a spin and see. If it does it either way I’ll either go back to original program setting or little more on rich side .
Thanks

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
That smell is you’re probably running rich. I can stand behind mine with it running and I don’t smell anything. Super clean exhaust.

B

Beast

Sep 26, 2018
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 700-2
That smell is you’re probably running rich. I can stand behind mine with it running and I don’t smell anything. Super clean exhaust.

Well the smell seems more from the header area, not the muffler . It’s the heat from header or it’s heat on plastic making a smell I think .

Reactions: Mudwing
Mattsalyer

Mattsalyer

Oct 26, 2021
Ownership

1. 700-2
What did you all find out about it mine is doing it now,,,,,thanks

Reactions: DG Rider
Mattsalyer

Mattsalyer

Oct 26, 2021
Ownership

1. 700-2
So...which part is it doing?
The manafold coming out of the head it gets red hot just from normal riding it was dark when I seen it was wondering if it's normal it runs like it always dose

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The manafold coming out of the head it gets red hot just from normal riding it was dark when I seen it was wondering if it's normal it runs like it always dose
If your looking at it in low light, it will glow red.

Reactions: lee
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ok thanks alot I've never noticed it b4
That's assuming it's NOT glowing white hot.

Every quad and motorcycle I've ever owned did it as well. If you pop the hood of your vehicle you'll probably notice it as well (if you can see the manifold for shielding).

Mattsalyer

Mattsalyer

Oct 26, 2021
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's assuming it's NOT glowing white hot.

Every quad and motorcycle I've ever owned did it as well. If you pop the hood of your vehicle you'll probably notice it as well (if you can see the manifold for shielding).
Ok I'll check it again tomorrow, it's about 2 inches of the pipe it's just red just like the picture on previous page I thought I smelled something hot but it might been in my head ill check again tomorrow

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!