BOX1

P1000 Heat in dash area

IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On the P1K5, does anyone else’s dash get pretty hot? I am assuming it’s from the radiator. I was wondering if it’s normal and if anyone has maybe set up a way for it to vent a little more. I set my phone in the cubby hole and it shut off because of over heating. And (I know this is ticky tacky) but the SS cup holders I installed were on fire. Let me know what you guys have ran into 👍🏻

Reactions: Lady01 and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
On the P1K5, does anyone else’s dash get pretty hot? I am assuming it’s from the radiator. I was wondering if it’s normal and if anyone has maybe set up a way for it to vent a little more. I set my phone in the cubby hole and it shut off because of over heating. And (I know this is ticky tacky) but the SS cup holders I installed were on fire. Let me know what you guys have ran into 👍🏻
It gets hot brother, especially for us down here. I put my phone on the middle bench seat strap.
It hasn't really bothered me enough to mess with it but I guess you could maybe put a little fan behind dash somewhere ???

Reactions: Lady01 and Raynman
IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It gets hot brother, especially for us down here. I put my phone on the middle bench seat strap.
It hasn't really bothered me enough to mess with it but I guess you could maybe put a little fan behind dash somewhere ???
Yea, I don’t think it’s a big deal, just something to think about. Everyone is so creative on here thought someone might have thought something up. Time for my thinking cap LOL

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yes it gets hot you can keep your coffee in the cup holder.

A

AZ123

Sep 12, 2019
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put this everywhere on mine
underneath seat and rear engine compartment, dash fire wall ,underneath cup holder
Stick on and fire rated has helped a lot

04067799 734A 4852 BD54 0C6EECD14327

Reactions: TripleB
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It gets pretty hot here in AZ. I've installed radiant heat shield under Honda's comfort package and it works to keep the seat tolerable. For my phone, I keep mine in a belt holster or in my shirt pocket.

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It must really be hot where you are. I never noticed any additional heat from the cup holders or dash. Not even in the death of summer.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!