P1000m3 Heat problem a simple fix

pgiannetto65

pgiannetto65

Dec 19, 2015
I posted a couple of months ago about removing engine cover to fix heat problem. I'm here to tell you guys it's such an easy fix. I've been running it a couple months now and I'm almost ready to say problem solved. I want to run it some more on hot days and I'll let you guys know my results. Just for the record I have a 1000-3 with roof, split windshield, and back panel. I think I'll always have a little bit of a heat issue with my setup but nothing like I use to.
Dcf3b2446381dcdcdfc7f32ce89ee421
I got the idea to remove the engine cover from Polaris and Yamaha. I noticed there engines were not covered and allowed engine heat to escape. Here is picture of cover removed
79cc4ae6111fa2d368f6d6a3d8108053

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I posted a couple of months ago about removing engine cover to fix heat problem. I'm here to tell you guys it's such an easy fix. I've been running it a couple months now and I'm almost ready to say problem solved. I want to run it some more on hot days and I'll let you guys know my results. Just for the record I have a 1000-3 with roof, split windshield, and back panel. I think I'll always have a little bit of a heat issue with my setup but nothing like I use to.
View attachment 45089
I got the idea to remove the engine cover from Polaris and Yamaha. I noticed there engines were not covered and allowed engine heat to escape. Here is picture of cover removed
View attachment 45090

So you're talking about the plastic shroud over the engine?

pgiannetto65

pgiannetto65

Dec 19, 2015
Wish I could do that but can't with the 5

Just curious why it would not work

pgiannetto65

pgiannetto65

Dec 19, 2015
Because there are people that ride in the back two seats in a 5 seater... steam and heat right in their faces isn't a fun ride.

Didn't know that

Reactions: CumminsPusher
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Also that is where you place your feet. Talk about hot dogs lol

Sent from my SM-T818V using Tapatalk
Shroud is behind the seat and does nothing to keep your feet cool in the 3 seater. Now the 5 seater you might have an issue:). I took it off this morning but haven't had a chance yet to try it.. By mid afternoon it will be hot and I'll take a lengthy ride with it. Maybe even hit a couple of water puddles..lol

Last edited:
J

JTW

Shroud is behind the seat and does nothing to keep your feet cool. I took it off this morning but haven't had a chance yet to try it.. By mid afternoon it will be hot and I'll take a lengthy ride with it. Maybe even hit a couple of water puddles..lol
He's talking about a p1000-5.. you know they make the pioneer 1000 in a 5 seater? The seats fold up out of the bed and that's where the rear passengers put their feet. Geeesh... a little early to be hitting the mash!

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
He's talking about a p1000-5.. you know they make the pioneer 1000 in a 5 seater? The seats fold up out of the bed and that's where the rear passengers put their feet. Geeesh... a little early to be hitting the mash!
Never too early but that's another tale...Soooo quick to jump on poor ole drfubar. Read my post just above yours @JTW! See----->"the 5 seater you might have an issue:)"

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!