BOX1

P700 Heater coil

M

Migglemuss

Nov 7, 2017
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 2018 Pioneer 700. I had the dealer put a heater in the pioneer. Problem is now that it is summer I still have heat in the heater coil dumping hot air in the cab. I decided to put a shut of valve in front of the heater core. I did this and the Honda gets hot real fast. This makes no sense to me. I thought I would be shutting off coolant to the heater coil only. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Can you get some pictures of the hose connections? Sounds like maybe the heater core is in series with the radiator instead of parallel.

Reactions: Mudwing and swsebek
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2018 Pioneer 700. I had the dealer put a heater in the pioneer. Problem is now that it is summer I still have heat in the heater coil dumping hot air in the cab. I decided to put a shut of valve in front of the heater core. I did this and the Honda gets hot real fast. This makes no sense to me. I thought I would be shutting off coolant to the heater coil only. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Like @Tramguage1 mentioned, please supply some pics of your install.
Chances are you will need to install a valve off a (Ford) Ranger or something similar. It will be readily available at any parts house. I will check the install instructions, it may be installed currently and you just need to flip a lever.

M

Migglemuss

Nov 7, 2017
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-4
138 138 141
Can you get some pictures of the hose connections? Sounds like maybe the heater core is in series with the radiator instead of parallel.
I have a 2018 Pioneer 700. I had the dealer put a heater in the pioneer. Problem is now that it is summer I still have heat in the heater coil dumping hot air in the cab. I decided to put a shut of valve in front of the heater core. I did this and the Honda gets hot real fast. This makes no sense to me. I thought I would be shutting off coolant to the heater coil only. Any ideas would be appreciated

Here are some pictures, I am not real good at this so I posted a couple of the pictures twice. I found a how to install a heater instruction sheet and as far as I can tell the dealer did it right but did not install a bypass. I am going to wait a few days before I proceed with the bypass to see if there are any more ideas out there. I think the bypass will work though. Thanks everyone for the input.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Not 100% , but it looks likes it's in series with the oil cooler.
Does the heater core have 2 pipes? 1 inlet and 1 outlet?

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hope this helps.
Heater Valve

You've basically cut off all the coolant flow running between the block and oil cooler. You need to have a bypass in there somewhere to hook these systems back together. Looks like alot of guys are using a 3 way valve but you could use 3 separate valves if you want. The one valve you have on the top fitting along with another one on the bottom fitting. Then add a separate valve between the 2 hose before these fittings. That one will be open in the summer with the other 2 closed and vice versa in the winter.

Reactions: Mudwing
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's a little explanation of how the other valves everyone else is using work.
4 Port Flow

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here's a little explanation of how the other valves everyone else is using work.
View attachment 81295
You guy's have put a lot of time and thinking into this, I think you should have called @Plumber32 for advice and saved a lot of time, be sure to tell him I recommended him, HA!

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a aftermarket heater in my 1000, and they might be plumbed a little different than the 700, but with it taping into the oil cooler lines just befor it goes into the clutch, I didn’t want to risk running a valve the may fail at some point leaving me with out heat when we need it or overheating the engine and clutches. Every October I hook it back up and every may I bypass the heater with a 5/8” barbed union fitting. It takes 10 mins to do, it’s not as convenient as a valve, but I know it’s gonna work either way, and not cause damage to the drive train

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tramguage1
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Or pull the hose going into the heater core off and join it to the hose coming out of the heater core.

61Sj3DyT2uL SL1301

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The coupler between the 2 hoses would be the easiest and fastest. The only problem I see is coolant will run out of the heater coil and when he goes to hook it back up next year, he'll have to add coolant and removed the trapped air. Which many people say is a major pain the in behind. Hope someone's advice helps the poster get it cooled off for the summer.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The coupler between the 2 hoses would be the easiest and fastest. The only problem I see is coolant will run out of the heater coil and when he goes to hook it back up next year, he'll have to add coolant and removed the trapped air. Which many people say is a major pain the in behind. Hope someone's advice helps the poster get it cooled off for the summer.

That’s what I do twice a year, pinch off the lines befor opening them up, install the union fitting to hook the lines together, than burp the system, takes 10 mins and have done it on the trails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tjoreo
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!