Heavy Equipment, Landscaping and Farming, gardening and farm tools and videos

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I second the Komatsu PC35. A friend of mine stores his at my place and I use it in exchange for my doing routine maintenance. I have about 300 hours operating it. It's smooth and fuel efficient. Easy to fo maintenance on and the only issue he's had in 10 years is a bad circuit board on the gauges. No cab and it sat outside until 3 years ago when I started storing it. He is an electrician. He was kicked out of blacksmith school for breaking the anvils. That's how I describe how he cares for his stuff. Lol

It has street tracks which I would recommend. We would be on the 4th set of rubber if he hadn't upgraded. Steel running gear with hard plastic pucks. It's hard to beat in everything but snow.

Reactions: Biteme and 100Acre
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
We have almost all Case at work, 4 backhoes, 1 mini ex and 2 skid steers. I can't complain with any of it. It is beat like a rented mule. If I remember right our Case mine ex(cx57) has a Yanmar motor. Sounds like their are plenty of good options on the market.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks y’all for your feedback as it’s much appreciated. Still shopping...

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It looks like after shopping for what’s available nearby, my choices were; Kubota, Cat, Yanmar and Bobcat. After a decent amount of research and talking with many folks, I decided on the Yanmar Vio 35-6A. For additional options, I chose an enclosed cab with heat, AC, and stereo. I’m also getting the thumb. Which in my opinion is probably the most important option to have on a excavator. Plus, it’s coming with an angled blade and a depth gauge. Probably get an 18” bucket.
My neighbor also has the same model but he’s had his for 15 years with few breakages or issues. It’s also the only machine that comes with a 4 year or, 4000 hour warranty. VS the other manufacturers are all 2000/2 years respectively.
C5302341 B315 4780 A400 15E1641FB0D0
99C3AAA4 3A54 483D BAC5 3371BEB2E0A2

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It looks like after shopping for what’s available nearby, my choices were; Kubota, Cat, Yanmar and Bobcat. After a decent amount of research and talking with many folks, I decided on the Yanmar Vio 35-6A. For additional options, I chose an enclosed cab with heat, AC, and stereo. I’m also getting the thumb. Which in my opinion is probably the most important option to have on a excavator. Plus, it’s coming with an angled blade and a depth gauge. Probably get an 18” bucket.
My neighbor also has the same model but he’s had his for 15 years with few breakages or issues. It’s also the only machine that comes with a 4 year or, 4000 hour warranty. VS the other manufacturers are all 2000/2 years respectively.
View attachment 164633 View attachment 164634
Like I said, we have a Yanmar, great little machine and the smoothest controls I have ever used! CONGRATS!

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So now that I can no longer afford to move across the country, I’ve been dedicating all my time and resources to improving my orchards at home. That being said, my soil sucks. Hard NC clay. Good for making bricks but little else.. So, every time I go into town, I drive through different neighborhoods looking for their bagged leaves. I’d like to get some system similar to this. The leaves are all over and I see soil gold!
Little Wonder Truckloader | Leaf Vacuums |Our Prices Won't Be Beat!. Do-Cut's Power Equipment Warehouse

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
So now that I can no longer afford to move across the country, I’ve been dedicating all my time and resources to improving my orchards at home. That being said, my soil sucks. Hard NC clay. Good for making bricks but little else.. So, every time I go into town, I drive through different neighborhoods looking for their bagged leaves. I’d like to get some system similar to this. The leaves are all over and I see soil gold!
Little Wonder Truckloader | Leaf Vacuums |Our Prices Won't Be Beat!. Do-Cut's Power Equipment Warehouse

take a soil sample to you local Agruculture Extension Service , have tested, and use their reccommends for amending the soil. Those leaves probably take the acidity the wrong way. My guess....needing lime and Iron. Tell us what they say.

Good Luck!

WB

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I picked up this 14 x 6.5’ Dump trailer from my buddy that has a tree chipping business. I Traded a few Mosin Nagants and a little cash. Normally I try to buy stuff new but, this was a great deal considering they cost $6-7000+ for a new one. I’m planning on using it for removing debris from jobs and collecting and mulching leaves from clients. @WillyBill if the leaves create too much of an acid compost, I’ll just cut it by adding lime. I’m gonna replace the wood walls with a big box but have it open on top and covered by some shade cloth made for a greenhouse. I’m also going to wire brush the metal and repaint it. I may sell some more riffles in order to buy a Billy Goat leaf Vacuum/Mulcher

C10B5131 4F76 4D57 8512 3729FDE63EDA
18ACE170 9697 472A AE80 F07AC21603D1
D8B1DF39 D7E0 4489 86C8 0AD92CC426E9
13B974C8 F0C1 4E1F 8DBF 322BAAFA2B85
15997ED4 9451 45BB 93C2 85F46F46F755
C43927FC FE83 494E 9899 E2F3CA39F587
6CC63EF5 AA9C 436C B3F8 D1CC3F99BC0A

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I picked up this 14 x 6.5’ Dump trailer from my buddy that has a tree chipping business. I Traded a few Mosin Nagants and a little cash. Normally I try to buy stuff new but, this was a great deal considering they cost $6-7000+ for a new one. I’m planning on using it for removing debris from jobs and collecting and mulching leaves from clients. @WillyBill if the leaves create too much of an acid compost, I’ll just cut it by adding lime. I’m gonna replace the wood walls with a big box but have it open on top and covered by some shade cloth made for a greenhouse. I’m also going to wire brush the metal and repaint it. I may sell some more riffles in order to buy a Billy Goat leaf Vacuum/Mulcher

View attachment 167411 View attachment 167412 View attachment 167413 View attachment 167414 View attachment 167415 View attachment 167416 View attachment 167417
I know your a smart guy, have you taken some classes or do you already know about building soil? I have. I've been sending soil samples off for eight years and following the directives, hasn't helped in my garden, thinking about amending the soil with horse poop, like the old timers do, but I've had an organic garden for eight+ years and reluctant to add any thing that's not organic, I don't use pesticides or weed killer. I think a lot of organic gardeners have 24-7 time on there hands, I don't, so I have smaller yields. We have a sandy clay loam, drains well to a point, year before last my garden drowned, we had an unusual amount of rain late spring/early summer, I have my rows contured with the the land, thinking about changing that to flat semi circle rows that drain out both ends for the rainy seasons and using the drip irrigation for the dry season???????

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know your a smart guy, have you taken some classes or do you already know about building soil? I have. I've been sending soil samples off for eight years and following the directives, hasn't helped in my garden, thinking about amending the soil with horse poop, like the old timers do, but I've had an organic garden for eight+ years and reluctant to add any thing that's not organic, I don't use pesticides or weed killer. I think a lot of organic gardeners have 24-7 time on there hands, I don't, so I have smaller yields. We have a sandy clay loam, drains well to a point, year before last my garden drowned, we had an unusual amount of rain late spring/early summer, I have my rows contured with the the land, thinking about changing that to flat semi circle rows that drain out both ends for the rainy seasons and using the drip irrigation for the dry season???????
Have you thought much about Permaculture and installing swales to catch the rainwater and recharge your water table? Also do you incorporate chickens ducks or guinea hens into the garden itself? I have a few neighbors with horses, so I get all their manures. Just make sure you compost it for a season to a year before using it. You’ll want to kill off all those undigested seeds from their feed. Get some time and come on over here for a spell. We can drink IPA’s by the fire and talk crops...that goes for all my family of friends here in Hondaland.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One of the fathers of the Permaculture movement. Geoff Lawton

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!