BOX1

P1000 Height/trailer question

K

Kev123

May 8, 2021
Alberta
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Greetings, a new member from Alberta here. Our Search and Rescue group is in the market for a new utility vehicle and looking at the Pioneer 1000-5. the concern is if it will fit through the enclosed trailer door with 80” height opening? There are none in any dealerships around here to try out, though the local dealer did have a 1000-3 with roof, which fit with an inch or so to spare. In some pictures, the roll bar looks higher at the back, and we would want a roof on as well. The spec sheets say it should fit, though I’m not clear if that includes a roof.

I would appreciate any user feedback prior to committing to what is a large purchase for a volunteer organization.

thanks kindly, Kevin

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The Honda spec says the 1000 is 76.3" high, so 3.7" clearance ... maybe. :oops:

From here - scroll down and click on Dimensions -

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum from Northern Michigan. I am waiting for the one I ordered so I can't accurately answer your question. However, there are several seasoned owners here who will have some real life experience verses the spec sheet. I'm actually curious myself. I'm also dealing with an 80 inch opening on the one garage I want to store mine in. My deluxe will have a hard roof like your situation.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have fox shocks and 30” tires on mine, I’m just over 80” tall, never measured stock but I gained around 3” of lift I assume. So I’d say 77” or a hair shorter completely stock.

Hessticles

Hessticles

Jan 29, 2021
Interior Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can confirm that a stock Pioneer will fit in an 80” garage. My toy hauler has 81” of clearance from the drop down queen bed & had plenty, it also fit length wise in a standard 10’ toy hauler garage. My stock height was 76” & only ran 12-13 PSI in the tires. It is a tight fit lengthwise though. Hauled it from lower AL to interior AK without issue. Just check & tighten the ratchets when you stop. I have since put a bracket lift on. Haven’t tried it out in the toy hauler again.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Greetings, a new member from Alberta here. Our Search and Rescue group is in the market for a new utility vehicle and looking at the Pioneer 1000-5. the concern is if it will fit through the enclosed trailer door with 80” height opening? There are none in any dealerships around here to try out, though the local dealer did have a 1000-3 with roof, which fit with an inch or so to spare. In some pictures, the roll bar looks higher at the back, and we would want a roof on as well. The spec sheets say it should fit, though I’m not clear if that includes a roof.

I would appreciate any user feedback prior to committing to what is a large purchase for a volunteer organization.

thanks kindly, Kevin
WELCOME from NW Arkansas! My P1 is 78.5 inches tall w/ 30" tires and hard roof, hope this helps.

K

Kev123

May 8, 2021
Alberta
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Can confirm that a stock Pioneer will fit in an 80” garage. My toy hauler has 81” of clearance from the drop down queen bed & had plenty, it also fit length wise in a standard 10’ toy hauler garage. My stock height was 76” & only ran 12-13 PSI in the tires. It is a tight fit lengthwise though. Hauled it from lower AL to interior AK without issue. Just check & tighten the ratchets when you stop. I have since put a bracket lift on. Haven’t tried it out in the toy hauler again.
Thanks, this is the 5 seater?

Hessticles

Hessticles

Jan 29, 2021
Interior Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2018 1000-5 with stock hard roof. Only thing non-stock on my machine at the time was UHMW skid plates.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also confirm going thru a 80” opening.

remember that the wheels are breaking over an angle as the vehicle enters / leaves the trailer.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!