Hello and Thank you

eidnar2000

eidnar2000

Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2021
ut
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello I am terrible at posting stuff and I don't like to do it! haha.
But I have received so much help from this board I figured I would be ungrateful if I didnt pass along my thanks. My project is a 2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 LE.
I bought it last year with a soft top, street legal kit, aluminum skid plates and a windshield.
I wasn't planning to do much else because it was a farm yard tool that we could also take in the Mountains, but I wanted to do a dual battery kit! I didnt want any transmission problems.
So I found a Dual Battery Kit second hand and bought it (Mighty Max Battery and True AM Dual Battery Isolator) . The problem was I didnt know what I was doing..... I still dont. :) But I can follow @Hondasxs & Youtube @RobSparre and become dangerous. :)

With that I learned how to Install the Dual Battery and learned so much just searching words on this site.
I decided before I started the Dual Battery install, I should also do a winch because that would be nice for around the yard.. Am I right? If I am doing the electrical stuff anyway it makes sense to add the winch. So I asked the boss and she said I had permission to also include a Winch (Viper 2), Winch plate, and the WInch Switch that goes along!! I also included a Positive and Negative bus bar setup, FUSE BOX and Cole Hersee Relay. Fun Stuff. It was particularly helpful to watch these videos.
Including Watch this Video for installation of the winch and this video for additional Accessories.
Unfortunately I couldnt stop watching videos and reading online while I was doing the mechanical installation of the winch. So I left the electrical stuff for a moment while I worked at night installing the hardware.. I dont recommend that, because I found more electrical stuff to add and I convinced myself was needed. So I purchased the Front light Bar from the Honda SXS store..... and decided I could install that relatively easy enough with the included instructions and that quickly went on machine now problem. You see where this is going, I could not stop at that.

I ordered a Boss Marine Stereo and Noami Audio System, because I needed to fill up the Dash Plate I ordered from Ebay and add some music to working in the yard. (I know this stereo setup will likely be a problem so I am ignoring that for now as well).
I have installed most of the mechanical components of the machine up at this point but need to install the Key on wiring, DPDT Switch before I can really test things out on the electrical side. I worked in reverse and have left most of the final electrical connections to the end because I was not in a huge hurry..

I will probably continue to add additional accessories and use this project for a good outlet from work plus its a fun adventure.
The following has been, or will be installed
Front Bumper Shackle Mount and will find some nice shackles.
Backlight Kit, and I will order the Backup light switch when it becomes available again.

I still have a lot of electrical to finish, and will have some questions but I wanted to say hello and tell the many of you thanks for posting content. I has helped me immensely and continues to do so.
Have a great week and happy trails. Any recommendations are welcome while the vehicle is still in project mode and the boss is on board.... :) for the most part anyway.

20230513 115033 20230514 215208 20230514 215240

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
But I have received so much help from this board I figured I would be ungrateful if I didnt pass along my thanks. My project is a 2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 LE.
I bought it last year with a soft top, street legal kit, aluminum skid plates and a windshield.
I wasn't planning to do much else because it was a farm yard tool that we could also take in the Mountains, but I wanted to do a dual battery kit! I didnt want any transmission problems.
So I found a Dual Battery Kit second hand and bought it (Mighty Max Battery and True AM Dual Battery Isolator) . The problem was I didnt know what I was doing..... I still dont. :) But I can follow @Hondasxs & Youtube @RobSparre and become dangerous. :)

With that I learned how to Install the Dual Battery and learned so much just searching words on this site.
I decided before I started the Dual Battery install, I should also do a winch because that would be nice for around the yard.. Am I right? If I am doing the electrical stuff anyway it makes sense to add the winch. So I asked the boss and she said I had permission to also include a Winch (Viper 2), Winch plate, and the WInch Switch that goes along!! I also included a Positive and Negative bus bar setup, FUSE BOX and Cole Hersee Relay. Fun Stuff. It was particularly helpful to watch these videos.
Including Watch this Video for installation of the winch and this video for additional Accessories.
Unfortunately I couldnt stop watching videos and reading online while I was doing the mechanical installation of the winch. So I left the electrical stuff for a moment while I worked at night installing the hardware.. I dont recommend that, because I found more electrical stuff to add and I convinced myself was needed. So I purchased the Front light Bar from the Honda SXS store..... and decided I could install that relatively easy enough with the included instructions and that quickly went on machine now problem. You see where this is going, I could not stop at that.

I ordered a Boss Marine Stereo and Noami Audio System, because I needed to fill up the Dash Plate I ordered from Ebay and add some music to working in the yard. (I know this stereo setup will likely be a problem so I am ignoring that for now as well).
I have installed most of the mechanical components of the machine up at this point but need to install the Key on wiring, DPDT Switch before I can really test things out on the electrical side. I worked in reverse and have left most of the final electrical connections to the end because I was not in a huge hurry..

I will probably continue to add additional accessories and use this project for a good outlet from work plus its a fun adventure.
Backlight Kit, and I will order the Backup light switch when it becomes available again.

I still have a lot of electrical to finish, and will have some questions but I wanted to say hello and tell the many of you thanks for posting content. I has helped me immensely and continues to do so.
Have a great week and happy trails. Any recommendations are welcome while the vehicle is still in project mode and the boss is on board.... :) for the most part anyway.

View attachment 387958 View attachment 387959 View attachment 387961
Welcome from South Florida

Looks like you're off to a good start....😂😂

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Welcome from NW AR, the Land of the bare foot Hillbilies!

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

Welcome from Ohio and it looks like you have it all under control. enjoy the buggy.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Another welcome from The Great Lakes State (not to be confused with being a great state though. Unless you are a commie, then you will love it here).

#NTC

eidnar2000

eidnar2000

Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2021
ut
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Michigan. Yes, one thing always leads to another. And another. And another.
You're awesome scoop. Read many of your posts on topics and used so.e of your ideas. Thank you for contributing

Reactions: Smittyp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!