Muleyhunter

Muleyhunter

Lifetime Member
Apr 19, 2018
Lake Kiowa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I'm Muleyhunter

Hello from N Texas. Discovered this site about three weeks ago while researching a winch buy/ installation. Bought my Pioneer 1000-5 last summer for my yearly mule deer hunt to Wyoming. I thought I was happy with my stock machine but now realize I'm not after looking at all the great builds on this site, lol. I have been addicted to reading the various forums and learning. I now have a very large shopping list.

Seriously, I'm a novice at adding mods but know enough to know that I didn't like the OEM setup for switch plate and winch, hence my looking around for ideas. I've gone through a huge learning curve reading various posts but have decided on a dual battery with isolater setup, running all mods off the aux battery. I looked at the two batteries in parallel setup but saw a comment about the electronics in the DCT being very sensitive and that was enough to scare me off. I found a very nice schematic that someone had posted of the isolater setup with links to all the items for purchase. It was a very nice professional looking schematic but unfortunately, I havent been able to find it again. So any help in refinding this would be much appreciated. I've found mystic's switch plates and will order one of those once I decide what all I want to add.

My only disappointment with my 1000-5 is the amount of heat coming up through the front middle seat. It was nice in Wyoming during hunting season but not so nice in the N Texas summers. I had the Honda "comfort" kit installed which helped but still way too much heat in my opinion. Has anybody found a solution for this. Ive seen some posts referring to a bilge fan and curious how well those work.

My 1000-5 performed fantastic in the mountains of southern Wyoming, right along the continental divide. The only thing I struggled with was my stock tires didnt perform so well after a good soaking rain. The soil on the two tracks and down in the valleys turn into a gooey slime after a sustained rain and my tires would be just gummed up mud balls, with very little traction. Any suggestions?

Looking forward to start ordering parts and getting started. I've been really impressed with the knowledge on this site.

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : Yes, this is my first.
I have owned, or currently own the following: UTV, 3-wheeler, Motorcycle
My off-road experience level is: Ez-Rider
My favorite place to ride is: Souther Wyoming

Reactions: Mudwing
jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from Missouri.
I'm fairly new to the forum and the Pioneer myself, but found the forum doing research as well.
These guys will have you wanting accessories you didn't even think of lol, but on the bright side, the experience and knowledge they share daily will offset some of the cost by steering you right on purchases and installations.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from Western New York! Trikes rule!

Leatherneck

Leatherneck

Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good morning from NE Arkansas! The folks in here are great, and very knowledgeable I have learned a lot here.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Central Texas. Yes there are a few kits out there to add extra protection from the heat. Adding a fan help a lot! Blowing the heat back away from the seat.
Do some searching in the build section, @CumminsPusher and @joeymt33 and some others have some very in depth write ups.

Reactions: Muleyhunter
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from Central Arkansas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
Welcome from central Texas!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome to the club! N. Illinois

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!