P1000 Help Finding 1000-5 LE Rear Axle Replacement

T

Triggerfin

Apr 25, 2017
Emerald Isle, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've searched all the typical parts sites for a rear driver side replacement axle (OEM is fine - don't really need heavy duty these days) and cannot fine one. The parts finders show just about every part of the machine but the axles and any I'm finding plenty of after-market and oem axles on places like ebay and amazon but most say "exception LE model". If anyone has a specific link or part number, it'd be greatly appreciated. Mine is a 2018 if it makes a difference. Never had such a hard time finding a part. Thanks.

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've searched all the typical parts sites for a rear driver side replacement axle (OEM is fine - don't really need heavy duty these days) and cannot fine one. The parts finders show just about every part of the machine but the axles and any I'm finding plenty of after-market and oem axles on places like ebay and amazon but most say "exception LE model". If anyone has a specific link or part number, it'd be greatly appreciated. Mine is a 2018 if it makes a difference. Never had such a hard time finding a part. Thanks.
Also, how did u break a LE axle?

Reactions: Lady01 and BigOL3
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Looks like u need 4, 8 , and 11 to have a complete axle that u will have to assemble when u get it. That's the way honda sells it. Double check my numbers to be sure.
Dont forget part #6 definitely use a new compression ring to hold it in place.

EDIT: Disregard, part 6 is included with part set #4

Last edited:
T

Triggerfin

Apr 25, 2017
Emerald Isle, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks very much guys. How did I break it? Replacing torn boot, apparently didn’t fully seat the end of the axle into the joint during reassembly. Went on a ride , snapped the end of the axel off. Expensive lesson-learned. Duh.

ch33br0h

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Jardín, Antioquia - Colombia, South America!
Ownership

1. 1000-5
any updates on availability from 3rd party vendors on Rear LE Axles?

found this site with replacements for the Front, but nothing for the rear.

I got some popping coming from the rear, having a hard time identifying if its the rear left or rear right....
either way, seems like a good time to start looking/learning.
Seems like the better option for me is to buy the whole thing, then slowly use the one I remove to learn more on how to fix it to have as a replacement later.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
What's the difference in the LE rear axles versus a Deluxe? I didn't think there was any difference there, only in the fronts that have the extra splines/gear for the i4WD. Should be able to use any aftermarket rear axles made for the P1k I'd think (Rhino, AllBalls, etc).

ch33br0h

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What's the difference in the LE rear axles versus a Deluxe? I didn't think there was any difference there, only in the fronts that have the extra splines/gear for the i4WD. Should be able to use any aftermarket rear axles made for the P1k I'd think (Rhino, AllBalls, etc).
uuuuu!
@Adam490 , thank you!
appreciate that insight and it does make perfect sense!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
rocky-mountain and SuperATV are both listing the Rhinos as not 2017+ LE compatible....

The all balls models don't have any mention of that, going to shoot them an email to confirm
Well, OEM Honda lists the LE axles as a different part number than the standard axles but I don't have any idea what the difference is other than a part number. @Tramguage1 @JACKAL do you know if there's a difference in the LE rear axles over the standard rears?

ch33br0h

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My biggest fear is in ordering the boot kit and/or the LE package and then failing to put it together properly...
the lazy side of me would rather buy the whole axle prebuilt so I can just slide out the old and insert the new.

Then at least I can take my time to pull apart the bad one and learn from it.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well, OEM Honda lists the LE axles as a different part number than the standard axles but I don't have any idea what the difference is other than a part number. @Tramguage1 @JACKAL do you know if there's a difference in the LE rear axles over the standard rears?

ALL Pioneer 1000 LE models have unique axle part numbers, all 4 axles are different lengths. You can only use the OEM axle for the specific corner you need to replace. No aftermarket will fit because LE has bigger differentials and offset as part of the I-4WD system which means the axles for the LE are shorter that the other P1K versions.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
ALL Pioneer 1000 LE models have unique axle part numbers, all 4 axles are different lengths. You can only use the OEM axle for the specific corner you need to replace. No aftermarket will fit because LE has bigger differentials and offset as part of the I-4WD system which means the axles for the LE are shorter that the other P1K versions.
Thanks!

ch33br0h

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you @JACKAL ,
Hard facts is that I'll simply need to jump in, buy the OEM pieces and tackle the whole thing.

Somehow I managed to complete the sub-trans dogs, -somehow, I'll have to manage the Axles.

Last edited:
W

Wisco1000

May 29, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you @JACKAL ,
Hard facts is that I'll simply need to jump in, buy the OEM pieces and tackle the whole thing.

Somehow I managed to complete the sub-trans dogs, -somehow, I'll have to manage the Axles.
The oem axles on a LE have a pressed on gear that the I-4wd system reads off of. Since I didn't realize this till I had it all apart im going to take my rhino 2.0 axles to my local machine shop and see if I can have them make a sleeve for that gear. The lengths seem to be the same,even when new gear is pressed on it should still work......I hope

Reactions: Lady01 and ch33br0h

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!