ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
how was it diagnosed.

My 700 has less then 1000mi on it , I was running it down a road at 35mph and it started losing power, when it dropped down to 25 or so I stopped and the engine stalled, started rightip and seemed fine for a couple of miles. I shut it off and restarted it and it seemed fine again so I ran it back to the trailer, next morning ran it about 10mi or so and it seems fine.

I pulled the end piece/spark arrestor off and looked inside the muffler, every thing looked fine, smacked the muffler a few times but did not hear a rattle.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
how was it diagnosed.

My 700 has less then 1000mi on it , I was running it down a road at 35mph and it started losing power, when it dropped down to 25 or so I stopped and the engine stalled, started rightip and seemed fine for a couple of miles. I shut it off and restarted it and it seemed fine again so I ran it back to the trailer, next morning ran it about 10mi or so and it seems fine.

I pulled the end piece/spark arrestor off and looked inside the muffler, every thing looked fine, smacked the muffler a few times but did not hear a rattle.

Could it be the spark arrestor?

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Plugged muffler is rare I would think. I don’t know I have never had a issue. I know you need to clean spark arrester some. And take the plug out and blow out any carbon sometimes. But plugged enough to cause engine problems i don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Mudwing
ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
The spark arrestor was clear. The reason I am asking about the muffler was several years ago there were some mufflers that had a internal baffle weld fail and block the exhaust, the fix was replace the muffler.

I just don't know if you could see it inside the muffler by pulling,the spark arrestor.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The spark arrestor was clear. The reason I am asking about the muffler was several years ago there were some mufflers that had a internal baffle weld fail and block the exhaust, the fix was replace the muffler.

I just don't know if you could see it inside the muffler by pulling,the spark arrestor.

I think some pioneer 500s had that problem.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4

this was mainly on the 2014 models andwhen you took the end of the pipe off you could see it had come off in there.....
not sure your year but check air filter and check to see if you have water in gas...or maybe e-brake lever stuck on

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sorry its a 2017, it was serviced last fall, oil and filter, valve adjustment, air cleaner and fuel stabilized. Rode it about 350 mi last week on the Hatfield McCoy trails, fuel used was from a busy station in town.
(Gilbert) Used the sa,e fuel in my truck.

I agree that the muffler problem seemed to be earlier models but the symptoms are similar so I wanted to make sure that I could spot the problem with an inspection.

I will start checking grounds, plugs and look inside my tank.

Thanks all for the ideas.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!