BOX1

P500 Help please with my setup

L

lakelander

May 3, 2019
Vancouver, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 500
New guy here with a new P500, your expert help is required folks. Last night I swapped over tires from my Rincon over to the my P500 (selling the Rincon). They are BH originals 25x8x12 front and 25x10x12. People are saying their track is wider in the front. Mine is 49.5 inches front and rear. Is that because of the the Big Horns? So should I go 1" spacers all round, 1" front, 1.5" rear or 1.5" all round? BTW looks way nicer with the BHs. This is a great forum :)

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I run the same size rims, tires, and spacers all the way around on my P500. I went with 2" spacers to get the best stability.

L

lakelander

May 3, 2019
Vancouver, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 500
And IF you have "a bunch of weight added up high"??
No weight up high but the trails that I ride in BC are fairly knarly and off camber. Curiously my track is the same width front and rear contrary to the other owners. So I guess I shouldn't run wider spacers in the rear. So confusing...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You're closer in track width due to running wider tires on the back and stock wheel offsets. A lot of guys are running the same width tires on all four on aftermarket wheels, that will make the rear narrow. Another thing to point out is type of tires and psi. I can measure mine front and back today and it'll be different tomorrow.

Reactions: lakelander
L

lakelander

May 3, 2019
Vancouver, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 500
You're closer in track width due to running wider tires on the back and stock wheel offsets. A lot of guys are running the same width tires on all four on aftermarket wheels, that will make the rear narrow. Another thing to point out is type of tires and psi. I can measure mine front and back today and it'll be different tomorrow.
That makes total sense. So I think I might go 1.5" all round. It will look nicer with the BHs and the added stability (assuming its noticeable)

Reactions: trigger
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
you will notice the added stability, that 3" makes a huge difference in stability.

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New guy here with a new P500, your expert help is required folks. Last night I swapped over tires from my Rincon over to the my P500 (selling the Rincon). They are BH originals 25x8x12 front and 25x10x12. People are saying their track is wider in the front. Mine is 49.5 inches front and rear. Is that because of the the Big Horns? So should I go 1" spacers all round, 1" front, 1.5" rear or 1.5" all round? BTW looks way nicer with the BHs. This is a great forum :)[/QUOT
Adding spacers defiantly will add stability and give you a wider stance. as far as size its about preference, We have a lot of customers who like 1" in Front and 1 1/2 in or 2" in back and then we have some that go with the same all around. RB3offroad has a discount for our customers right now its 10off orders over 120 use coupon code taketen.

Reactions: 906UP
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!