P1000 Help ..we are being cooked alive..Factory Glass windshield

C

coues52

Apr 2, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
long story bought a 2016 Honda Pioneer P 1000-5 Deluxe..with the factory Glass windshield , Factory OEM Hard doors with roll up windows & rear window kit...contacted super ATV about there 2 piece super flip windshield..they are not sure if the hard doors will work with there windshield..anybody try this and knows for sure... already installed the DEI insultion kit <8" fan under seat, shifter kit (Montanna), roof vent & also plug in fans... ( Clifforeilly, or anyone... this is your chance to reach super hero status..5 cases of the good stuff )...thank you Danny B

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi.
Sounds like you have all the bases covered.

I was going to recomend if you didnt ever have rear passengers to remove the engine cover but I see you have the rear doors too. So that want help.

Problem is you have a winter rig riding in the summer.

If you dont ever have rear passengers....
My recommendation is to move the rear panel to the middle. Remove the rear doors. And remove the air filter/engine cover.

Another theory we recently had is about your fan. If your not pushing in fresh air all the fan is doing is pushing around the hot air. Look at relocating to pump out hot or push in cool.

Well. Not sure i helped any.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Assuming it has the Heat fix service bulletin installed from the dealership, I would remove plastics and install adhesive insulation and add Underseat heat barrier.

If that doesn’t do the trick roll down the front windows and open the rear window. Ahhhhh fresh air:confused:

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF
C

coues52

Apr 2, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for fast replys..sometimes we do have company so would like to keep the rear seats....(2) I went with the aftermarket underseat insulation kit DEI read was supposed to be better ? (3) do not want to cut into the seat base for exterior fan but do understand what your saying..heard it adds more noise etc..can not be un -done..hate just using the Honda for winter use only..we have some awesome country out here thousands of miles of trails etc from mtns to the Grand canyon just over the border ( but don,t tell anyone )I moved here in 1980..mid west transplant

Reactions: TripleB and BWAF
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I remove the soft doors, soft mid panel, and glass windshield in the summer and install a Rouge Powersports BugBuster. The cab is great in the winter but over about 70F it’s just too hot.

Love my power screen!

Tried the fan thing one summer. Took it off in the winter and never put it on when I installed the screen.

Only time it’s unbearable hot in the rear seat is when you plow through a bunch of water with a hot exhaust.

Reactions: BWAF
C

coues52

Apr 2, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
will have to check out the Power screen..appreciate all the replys...update talked to Mike at Power sports ( looks like a great product ) he does not know for sure , going to check with others tomorrow...but he does not think it will..Darn..but keeping fingers crossed..

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ya we had a guy ride with our group onetime with an enclosure on a 100+ deg day. Not sure why he didn’t take the thing off you probably could’ve made popcorn in there but he left way early lol. Easiest way to stay cool is to take as much as possible out.
We have a full custom cab but I’ll only use it when necessary. Don’t like being enclosed much. If we do use it in the winter it comes off by late February.

C

coues52

Apr 2, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Cumminspusher, after our few rides think we darkened up a few shades for sure ,lol..on another note..wife & I were looking into moving to the greater CDA area in northern Idaho..love that country..awesome hunting ,fishing, outdoor riding..in the Pinehurst area about 30 miles west of CDA off I-90 ( but having trouble seeing if changing to Blue cross/Blue shield will cover my wife med needs ) no firm yes or no ..so holding off...agree for winter use only would be great..

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
long story bought a 2016 Honda Pioneer P 1000-5 Deluxe..with the factory Glass windshield , Factory OEM Hard doors with roll up windows & rear window kit...contacted super ATV about there 2 piece super flip windshield..they are not sure if the hard doors will work with there windshield..anybody try this and knows for sure... already installed the DEI insultion kit <8" fan under seat, shifter kit (Montanna), roof vent & also plug in fans... ( Clifforeilly, or anyone... this is your chance to reach super hero status..5 cases of the good stuff )...thank you Danny B
But the two piece and make it work !

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hi Cumminspusher, after our few rides think we darkened up a few shades for sure ,lol..on another note..wife & I were looking into moving to the greater CDA area in northern Idaho..love that country..awesome hunting ,fishing, outdoor riding..in the Pinehurst area about 30 miles west of CDA off I-90 ( but having trouble seeing if changing to Blue cross/Blue shield will cover my wife med needs ) no firm yes or no ..so holding off...agree for winter use only would be great..
Oh s*** Pinehurst you say...spent the last couple weekends riding 20 miles from there. Put a few pics up in “Shots From Idaho” thread If you need any convincing;)
Beautiful there.

C

coues52

Apr 2, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cumminspusher , where would I find that thread in the forums ? we would had already moved there if not for the firm answer from BC/BS...agree it is beautiful there..

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Cumminspusher , where would I find that thread in the forums ? we would had already moved there if not for the firm answer from BC/BS...agree it is beautiful there..
Don’t show your wife the last few pages, mine wasn’t really excited about doing it lol.
Absolutely gorgeous there. Can ride to wherever you want including our stomping grounds St. Marie’s
Shots from Idaho

C

coues52

Apr 2, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
BWAF ..when I talked to superatv once installed I bought it...it sounded like the clamps they use are a lot bigger than the factory Honda ones and would not allow the doors to close...

C

coues52

Apr 2, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cumminspusher , that was a amazing adventure..thank you for sharing..I think my seat would still have puckers ..Dam I want up there so badly..Love St.maries too..you very lucky for sure

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
BWAF ..when I talked to superatv once installed I bought it...it sounded like the clamps they use are a lot bigger than the factory Honda ones and would not allow the doors to close...
If you couldn't find smaller clamps you could always trim doors if need be just depends what your willing to do,what about Honda 2 pics I like mine but don't have hard doors

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
757a58a786b005a7f2d7121489eef32678998be81a390512b9d750cc25fdca957b439e15b030b36ebeac97de4dbbe009

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!