P1000m5 Dragon21's build

Dragon21 submitted a new Garage Item:

Here We Go Again... 1000-5 This Time

Well, now that the 700-4 is gone and the 1000-5 is home. its time to get started on the build again. I really try to go slow and pace myself. however that doesnt always work that way. When i got it, it had roof and windshield as part of the deal.

Ordered a winch and mount, synthetic rope and fairlead for it, HL snorkel, Amazon switch plate, fuse box, 100amp disconnect.

still plan to get a honda front bumper, lightbars, and soundbar.. when money permits.

debating about dual battery setup... not sure if ill do that or not. I dont tend to use radio or lights when its not running.

View attachment 45298

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea, i like the position there, just not a fan of the flexible hose look. and the intake being right next to the passenger head
Not sure if it even matters to you or not, but that's no ordinary dryer vent looking flexible hose. It's very beefy and it looks the part. I stood on mine right out of the box and it didn't budge a bit.

Reactions: Dragon21
truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea, i like the position there, just not a fan of the flexible hose look. and the intake being right next to the passenger head
Its a dual action device. If your head is dirty the intake can suck it off.:eek:

Reactions: JTW and Dragon21
truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure if it even matters to you or not, but that's no ordinary dryer vent looking flexible hose. It's very beefy and it looks the part. I stood on mine right out of the box and it didn't budge a bit.
Yeah i looked at one and almost went with it because it was very stout. Decided to do my set though.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
More parts coming in

Been waiting till battery and isolator and major wiring components come in before I mount it all and wire

IMG 8078 IMG 8079 IMG 8080

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Got the battery today. Still gotta strap it down. Also got the radiator hose. Need to heat it up when I put it in for good, it's a tight fit. Just dry fitted it in this picture.

Got bumper and winch on. Waiting for light bar bracket to put it on. Still gotta wire the switch panel too.

And yes. I have a black wire going to the positive on the fuse block. Gotta put some red tape on it

IMG 8083

B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking good man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pmward

pmward

Jul 28, 2016
Galena, Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the battery today. Still gotta strap it down. Also got the radiator hose. Need to heat it up when I put it in for good, it's a tight fit. Just dry fitted it in this picture.

Got bumper and winch on. Waiting for light bar bracket to put it on. Still gotta wire the switch panel too.

And yes. I have a black wire going to the positive on the fuse block. Gotta put some red tape on it

View attachment 45927
How did you tie down the aux battery?

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How did you tie down the aux battery?

I haven't yet. Either gonna get a battery strap or big Zip tie. Gotta do that Sunday

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What brand of light and mounting brackets?
Just an Amazon lightbar. Nothing special. Haven't used it at night to say if it's any good. The brackets I got from Matt Marrs. They are in the for sale section here. They are perfect

Reactions: Tigermark and JTW
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Really coming together nicely.

Now go and try out the lights...... in the mud!!!!!

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
This dang site is gonna get me in-trouble. wanted to replace cup holders, was about to get some regular black ones... but noooo i have to see there are lighted cup holders (umm, yes please)... well looking at those and realize im gonna run out of switches so orderd a few small ones to put in the lower dash storage (an idea from someone else on here i liked too), i see where someone else added rock lights that look awesome too... well crap. so now i have lighted cup holders and rock lights coming (really why the heck do i need rock lights?) And i still gotta do my under seat fan once it gets here too. not to mention reverse lights (white rock lights) and rear light bar.. and bumper light bar (i think i like lights too much)... once i sell one of my rifles i see some skid plates in the future as well... would be nice to get another radio too... ugh

J

Jshell3

This dang site is gonna get me in-trouble. wanted to replace cup holders, was about to get some regular black ones... but noooo i have to see there are lighted cup holders (umm, yes please)... well looking at those and realize im gonna run out of switches so orderd a few small ones to put in the lower dash storage (an idea from someone else on here i liked too), i see where someone else added rock lights that look awesome too... well crap. so now i have lighted cup holders and rock lights coming (really why the heck do i need rock lights?) And i still gotta do my under seat fan once it gets here too. not to mention reverse lights (white rock lights) and rear light bar.. and bumper light bar (i think i like lights too much)... once i sell one of my rifles i see some skid plates in the future as well... would be nice to get another radio too... ugh
Bless your heart... LOL

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Some addictions are REALLY expensive!!!!!

Reactions: Windrock1000
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Current setup as I wait for solenoid and a few more additions. Need some wrap for the wires to clean it up still. Much happier with this wiring so far compared to my 700

IMG 8203

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Got a little work done. First picture I added the switch to control key on or battery power for the accessories (mounted on the right). Then I did the lighted cup holders. Then did a 7" fan. Still waiting on the fan switchIMG 8227IMG 8231
IMG 8228 IMG 8229 IMG 8230

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!