Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!
We had tracks for a couple months a few years ago and then there was no real snow except up high. Sold them and a week later it snowed for days and stayed until late March. Go figure!
Friend runs them and has over 5k on them, very impressive what they’ll do, and how well Pioneer holds up with them. Rig will be sitting in what looks like 2” of snow, you get out to take a piss and you’re shoulder deep using the machine to crawl back out. I’ve seen him go up stuff nothing would if it were totally bare, impressive!

Lindyrig

Lindyrig

Jan 26, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Minnesota! I’ve got the same tracks on my 2017 1000-5 LE. Next your going to want upper doors, full windshield and rear cab enclosure. Those tracks throw a lot of snow! Also keep an eye on your rear outer cv boots. There’s not a lot of room between the boots and the bottom A frame and snow and ice will build up around the boots. I’m always scared it will rip or tear one. If I’m stopping for a longer period of time the wet snow will harden into ice. I carry a screwdriver with me and I’ll chisel off carefully the buildup around the boots. The front doesn’t seem to be much of a problem. There is more room between the cv boots and suspension. There hasn’t been anywhere that I’ve been able to go with them although the weight of the 1000 will sink down quite a bit into the snow. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good info about the rear boots, thanks, I'll keep an eye on that. Your not kidding about the snow dust. This weekend I have a small fortune worth of accessories to install because of just that. I never intended on a cab but even in full snowmobile gear it's hard to breathe.

Last edited:
Lindyrig

Lindyrig

Jan 26, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!
We had tracks for a couple months a few years ago and then there was no real snow except up high. Sold them and a week later it snowed for days and stayed until late March. Go figure!
Friend runs them and has over 5k on them, very impressive what they’ll do, and how well Pioneer holds up with them. Rig will be sitting in what looks like 2” of snow, you get out to take a piss and you’re shoulder deep using the machine to crawl back out. I’ve seen him go up stuff nothing would if it were totally bare, impressive!

Yep, there better than I expected. I was worried about the I 4wd but it seems to work really good with the tracks.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yep, there better than I expected. I was worried about the I 4wd but it seems to work really good with the tracks.
There is so much floatation my friend says hes in 2wd much of the time and even some in turf mode because it turns so much easier.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!