BOX1

P1000 Hess Motorsports Tune, Trial Runs

Z

z28camaro82

Sep 24, 2019
Canton, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dropped a video on YouTube ladies and Gents, I'm not professional by any means but was curious myself as to what was what. The Clutch for sure seems alot firmer which I like. I will be interested to see what it does on the trails. I'm usually at full capacity when I ride and usually it always wants to hit another gear about the time I'm trying to climb a creek bank. (Going to have to get better in manual)

michdave

michdave

Apr 28, 2019
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome video man! That IR thermometer is so bad ass! Those temp changes are a winner.

Thanks for posting!

Reactions: Lady01
Z

z28camaro82

Sep 24, 2019
Canton, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome video man! That IR thermometer is so bad ass! Those temp changes are a winner.

Thanks for posting!

Thanks man glad you liked it, be nice to try the Morris Tune but we will have to wait and see if that happens. I was surprised at the temp drops myself, the kids should be alot happier about that.

Reactions: Lady01 and michdave
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I watched your two videos last night. Why didn't you run in sport mode? I'd think sport mode would be quicker because of the higher rev limit and shift points.

Good videos though, actual real world results.

Z

z28camaro82

Sep 24, 2019
Canton, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I watched your two videos last night. Why didn't you run in sport mode? I'd think sport mode would be quicker because of the higher rev limit and shift points.

It actually made no difference with the stock tunes so we didn't try it. Back to the test block I suppose, I'm curious anyways what it will do now that I did the clutch initialization. We both did it before the last drag run and I think it made a difference. Might have to order me up a "Dragy", guys are thinking the app I used wasn't probably the best. I'm not using the thing for drag racing, was just trying to get some solid, consistent runs to justify money spent.

Thanks for the comments, so many tests lots of things to think of. Going to try the kid test this weekend hopefully.

Reactions: Lady01 and ehart814
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It actually made no difference with the stock tunes so we didn't try it. Back to the test block I suppose, I'm curious anyways what it will do now that I did the clutch initialization. We both did it before the last drag run and I think it made a difference. Might have to order me up a "Dragy", guys are thinking the app I used wasn't probably the best. I'm not using the thing for drag racing, was just trying to get some solid, consistent runs to justify money spent.

Thanks for the comments, so many tests lots of things to think of. Going to try the kid test this weekend hopefully.

Do you sell this or just posting results?

Also could you maybe check the spots I tested to see if with the heat soak numbers are same or less. I had the back seats down and for my test that way the outside air would have much effect on the test.

From your test its clear the tuner added timing and fuel and changed the Air/fuel so that is would cool the exhaust.

Z

z28camaro82

Sep 24, 2019
Canton, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you sell this or just posting results?

Also could you maybe check the spots I tested to see if with the heat soak numbers are same or less. I had the back seats down and for my test that way the outside air would have much effect on the test.

From your test its clear the tuner added timing and fuel and changed the Air/fuel so that is would cool the exhaust.

I'm just posting results, I bought this direct from Hess Motorsports in hopes that it would reduce temperatures. Which like you said it does so that works out. It did gain a little power and the clutch is firmer on the Hess Tune. I will see if I can borrow my buddies infared gun again to take some temperatures.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV

Pioneer's don't like rpm's with the stock cam in when I had my stock cam in the higher id. rev'ed it the slower I'd go.
Sport mode is for bombing around, line them up side by side I could never see any improvement in sport mode.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pioneer's don't like rpm's with the stock cam in when I had my stock cam in the higher id. rev'ed it the slower I'd go.
Sport mode is for bombing around, line them up side by side I could never see any improvement in sport mode.
On my 2020 it short shifts bad in regular mode. In sport it holds gears way into redline... What you say can make sense... Maybe sport mode isn’t faster, it’s just supposed to keep it in higher rpms for when you are “sporty” driving so it won’t bog down. Sound right?

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
On my 2020 it short shifts bad in regular mode. In sport it holds gears way into redline... What you say can make sense... Maybe sport mode isn’t faster, it’s just supposed to keep it in higher rpms for when you are “sporty” driving so it won’t bog down. Sound right?

You got it 👍
I think that what Honda had in mind.

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well this video has me convinced... My next purchase will be hess tuned pv3. Morris tunes are too expensive. I only care about the clutch and temp improvements anyway...

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well this video has me convinced... My next purchase will be hess tuned pv3. Morris tunes are too expensive. I only care about the clutch and temp improvements anyway...

After I got more seat time with the dynojet tune, I'm kinda bummed about the temp improvements. As @Hondasxs said before, it's like the fan runs all the time. Go 50 mph down the road, coast down, and pull off the road and stop and the fan is running. I still feel the heat. I just don't think it's possible to cool the engine much more

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After I got more seat time with the dynojet tune, I'm kinda bummed about the temp improvements. As @Hondasxs said before, it's like the fan runs all the time. Go 50 mph down the road, coast down, and pull off the road and stop and the fan is running. I still feel the heat. I just don't think it's possible to cool the engine much more
The video above showed the exhaust a lot cooler... With the Hess Tune. I wouldn’t spend money on the dynojet tune. I agree, the dynojet tune doesn’t change much...

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The video above showed the exhaust a lot cooler... With the Hess Tune. I wouldn’t spend money on the dynojet tune. I agree, the dynojet tune doesn’t change much...
The dynojet tune is included with the Power Vision

Z

z28camaro82

Sep 24, 2019
Canton, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well we will put the hess tune up against the COPS TUNE (Morris Brothers) this week and post another video up. Then gonna try the E-85 tune and see how much it wakes it up. Be sure to check out the videos and subscribe every little bit helps.

Reactions: Lady01 and William
AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for your time and effort in comparing the PV3 tunes. I have the DyonoJet tune and it adjusts the shift points and max RPM, which certainly will affect the acceleration. I assume the COPS tune also adjusts shift points, and if so, how different are the shift points from the DynoJet tune?

Z

z28camaro82

Sep 24, 2019
Canton, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for your time and effort in comparing the PV3 tunes. I have the DyonoJet tune and it adjusts the shift points and max RPM, which certainly will affect the acceleration. I assume the COPS tune also adjusts shift points, and if so, how different are the shift points from the DynoJet tune?

You are correct in that its mostly transmission adjustments, the Hess is for sure a difference over the Dynojet. I prefer it myself and you can get you have a little better power as well. COPS has several different options and what those reference are really the transmission feel. They have Cruiser, Trail, Rock Crawling, and one other that is like sport kind of it won't upshift or downshift unnecessarily. I also heard they have gotten rid of the speed limiter in low range so you aren't locked to 35 mph there. I think they have spent alot of time adjusting the tunes to try to get what people like, they also claim the E-85 will really wake it up.

I'm ready to put it to the test and see what it really does and is it worth the money................. Been saving pop cans for awhile to get this tune.

AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I struggle to find info on the COPS tunes. They are on FB, but that does me no good. I can find no webpage that describes the options and enables a purchase. Still, I am interested...

Reactions: Lady01 and DG Rider
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!