OffGridNW

OffGridNW

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2019
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hello, I'm OffGridNW

Been using the hell out of this site researching my first sxs purchase and wanted to say thanks for being such a great resource. Not too many places you can get real world information on these cars without it basically being a thinly disguised ad.

Dirt bikes were my first love but when you start getting older and slower you realize that bad ruts and trails are going to take you down unless you are fully committed. Been happy with my beat up and modded TRX-450r for years now but the wife thinks it's a death machine (she is right on that). One ride on the back was more than enough for her ;)

Almost went with a Pioneer 1000-5 because I have some utility needs around the property but knew i'd be taking it places on the powerlines it wasn't meant for so ended up pulling the trigger on a 2020 Talon 1000x. Chomping at the bit to take it home but won't be picking her up until Friday when they finish putting the lower doors, a horn and winch on.

Thanks again for being such a great community, will definately be sticking around here as I start my ownership journey.

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : Yes, this is my first.
I have owned, or currently own the following: ATV, Motorcycle
My off-road experience level is: Technical Rider
My favorite place to ride is: Dirt trails, logging roads and powerlines

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Welcome from the Pacific Northwest as well. Congratulations on the new ride!
My biggest love was dirtbikes as well. Whole family got into them, I still ride on occasion but I agree on the commitment part nowadays. Roll cage isn’t so bad

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Welcome from The Great Lakes State. Get some pics posted when you can.

[HASHTAG]#NTC[/HASHTAG]

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Being a long time honda guy, blue feels a little funny to me but that was what was in stock. Red may be faster but blue is more back woods stealth :cool:
You'll just have to add extra stickers to make up for the non red ECM. ;)

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the club from the East Coast. Can’t wait to see pics when you get it. ;)
[HASHTAG]#ntc4lyfe[/HASHTAG]

Reactions: Backwoods

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!