Hi From Northern California

T

TahoeMike

Feb 25, 2020
West Sacramento, California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Just got a blue 2019 Talon X today. Well, actually, I paid for it today and pick it up Weds. Currently have a 2012 Can Am Commander 1000 Limited. That was my first SxS, got it used off Craigslist to see if I'd enjoy the hobby. I do and decided to get something newer that would be more capable for trail riding with buddies. Live in West Sacramento but ride in NorCal and Reno/Tahoe area. Got the left over unit for $20,000 all in. Added 4 years to the warranty for an additional $900. Added $2200 in accessories and will probably add another $1000 in accessories by the time I'm done. Looking forward to learning from everyone here. Plan on this being the last one I buy by taking care of it properly.

Mark4646

Mark4646

Aug 14, 2018
Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got a blue 2019 Talon X today. Well, actually, I paid for it today and pick it up Weds. Currently have a 2012 Can Am Commander 1000 Limited. That was my first SxS, got it used off Craigslist to see if I'd enjoy the hobby. I do and decided to get something newer that would be more capable for trail riding with buddies. Live in West Sacramento but ride in NorCal and Reno/Tahoe area. Got the left over unit for $20,000 all in. Added 4 years to the warranty for an additional $900. Added $2200 in accessories and will probably add another $1000 in accessories by the time I'm done. Looking forward to learning from everyone here. Plan on this being the last one I buy by taking care of it properly.

T

TahoeMike

Feb 25, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks man! You're up late! It's killing me that I have to wait until Weds to get it. The accessories will be fun to add once it's home.

Reactions: Isaiah
Mark4646

Mark4646

Aug 14, 2018
Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Building it and making it your on is fun! I keep finding things to do to mine lol

Reactions: Isaiah
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Welcome from the other side of the planet......but normally the U.P of Mich. I have the same machine, its awesome!

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome from South FL!
We like pics when u get it, and welcome to the addiction 😉. $1k on accessories goes by quick if you hang around here enough 😂. Enjoy!!!

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wear in a welcome as ye wander the web on yonder wanderings and greeted in joyful haste! oh, blessed be thee and thine buggy of boundless bombastic buggery!

T

TahoeMike

Feb 25, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon X
You're all very welcoming. Thanks for that. Someone mentioned $1000 in accessories. I'm about 2.5 times that now. None installed. That's what the weekend is for! My plan for it is to focus on protection, comfort, and storage. All bolt on type stuff. Leave the running gear and electrical stuff stock. Super ATV flip windshield, rear windshield, and tailgate extension on the way. Have some PRP overhead and rear corner bags. Rotopax's new 1.5g fuel and water containers to go on the rear roll bars. Two of each. Running a special now. Buy the fuel with the mounting bracket and get the water free. I had to get that deal twice to get two mounting brackets. Now lots of options to carry extra water, fuel, or both. Have the Honda lower door inserts and storage bags, and bags between the seats, Honda upgraded skid plates and rock sliders, and the Honda A-Arm and trailing arm guards. Finally that $44 splash guard kit on ebay. Have a rear view mirror on order and am trying to decide which side mirrors to get. Want to take it out first before deciding if I want that $170 fender extension kit. Was going to get the Honda box, but can't justify the price with the mounting plate. Using a Tusk 3 piece carry bag I have and taking off one of the side bags. Lastly, I'm trying to figure out what to do for Navigation. Will be looking to you all for advice on that. Would love a simple, easy to use system that would go in the center console where the empty cubby is.

0FD2CE4F F40B 4E7B 987F 5E7A6FF9B6F5

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!