Hifonics bluetooth controller

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got this sweet little Hifonics tps-bt1 bluetooth controller for my stereo system im putting in my pioneer 1000. I won't be putting it in for a few weeks. And I'm wondering what it controls and does it have an on/off or source function.

It says it has a "skip" function. I ONLY listen to music with Pandora Premium. So will it actually skip a song through my Pandora app? Or do I still have to fumble with my phone for that feature?

Does it have a "source" or on/off function or do I still need a rocker switch? I So,inot believe so but can't find a definite answer. I'm running it direct to 12+power but if it has an on/off function then I can skip the rocker switch.

0117191856a Screenshot 2019 01 20 09 10 21 Screenshot 2019 01 20 09 10 29

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got this sweet little Hifonics tps-bt1 bluetooth controller for my stereo system im putting in my pioneer 1000. I won't be putting it in for a few weeks. And I'm wondering what it controls and does it have an on/off or source function.

It says it has a "skip" function. I ONLY listen to music with Pandora Premium. So will it actually skip a song through my Pandora app? Or do I still have to fumble with my phone for that feature?

Does it have a "source" or on/off function or do I still need a rocker switch? I So,inot believe so but can't find a definite answer. I'm running it direct to 12+power but if it has an on/off function then I can skip the rocker switch.

View attachment 103430 View attachment 103431 View attachment 103432
Do you have a link to the manufacturer? I'm sure the wiring instructions will give us a hint.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No rocker switch needed.
It does look like it needs to be hooked to an amp to operate.

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No rocker switch needed.
It does look like it needs to be hooked to an amp to operate.[/QUOTE
Thank you, thank you. It didn't come with any instructions for some reason. And yes. Im hooking it to an amp. Its been a while since I have done this. Do you know where the blue remote output wire goes to?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you, thank you. It didn't come with any instructions for some reason. And yes. Im hooking it to an amp. Its been a while since I have done this. Do you know where the blue remote output wire goes to?
Run it to the amp with your rca's. It is the signal that turns on the amp.
Amp will have 12v+, ground, and remote in. Blue goes to remote in.
Hook up rca's, speaker wires and you should be good to go.

Reactions: trigger
1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great. So helpful. I read that on the photo you posted but I didn't understand it. Its been 20yrs since ive hooked up anything like this.

Reactions: Neohio
Tim-1000 XT-R

Tim-1000 XT-R

Nov 2, 2018
Oakdale, MN
I'm thinking about buying one of these and was wondering what you thought of it so far?

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm thinking about buying one of these and was wondering what you thought of it so far?
As you saw, I haven't used it yet. But its very small. I also looked into the basic round MB quart but no backlight and its kinda big. The other MB quart I liked was the N2-WBT. It snaps into the rectangle rocker switch knock-out and its nice and small. That's the one I was going to get but the hifonics mounts with a 1" hole so I could mount it in more locations easier. Also the hifonics was the only one that had the plug in jack to bypass the bluetooth.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!