BOX1

P1000 Highlifter 2.5 Lift question.

B

Brewtus

Apr 8, 2017
Brighton, Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Bought and installed the highlifter 2.5 lift and my rear tires look to be angled in and riding/sitting on the outside of the tire when you look at it from the back. Anyone else's do this or is there something I need to adjust, take off? Thanks

Not the best picture, I'll try to get a better one this evening.

IMG 7999

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You may take some of the preload out of your rear shocks by adjusting the large nut at the bottom of the shock. Other than that, there won't be any adjustment.

After you ride around and everything settles, it may look better. Also, after you add some weight in the bed it will level out more.

Reactions: trigger and pct
B

Brewtus

Apr 8, 2017
Brighton, Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
thanks. I'll try that. I haven't ridden it much lately. Have had it taken apart and adding accessories. Just noticed it sitting differently than it should. I'll try those suggestions. Thanks

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The axles will have a nice angle to them with that lift. Roughly around 32 degrees. You may get some of it out as suggested but don't beat yourself up over it. Mines been at that angle over a year now and still factory axles.

Reactions: pct and joeymt33
Reno58

Reno58

Oct 21, 2017
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this thread is a little old but have a question regarding the High Lifter lift and rear positive camber.

I have installed the 2.5” HL lift along with the front Super ATV forward a arms. I adjusted the front a arms to allow for a 2 degree negative camber and eliminating the “ballerina” look in the front. It also drives much better.

My question is can you install the rear SATV forward a arms - for adjusting rear camber - and not do any damage to the rear axles. On SATV site they say you must use Rhino axles in the rear with THEIR lift kit which is 3”. Is this the same for HL lift with the SATV rear a arms?

I like the HL lift giving me a little more center line clearance along with the “beefier” stance. The only dislike I have, other than putting the rear axles in a increased angle which I expected, is the rear positive camber I’d like to adjust.

Any advice/inform I can get is appreciated.

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this thread is a little old but have a question regarding the High Lifter lift and rear positive camber.

I have installed the 2.5” HL lift along with the front Super ATV forward a arms. I adjusted the front a arms to allow for a 2 degree negative camber and eliminating the “ballerina” look in the front. It also drives much better.

My question is can you install the rear SATV forward a arms - for adjusting rear camber - and not do any damage to the rear axles. On SATV site they say you must use Rhino axles in the rear with THEIR lift kit which is 3”. Is this the same for HL lift with the SATV rear a arms?

I like the HL lift giving me a little more center line clearance along with the “beefier” stance. The only dislike I have, other than putting the rear axles in a increased angle which I expected, is the rear positive camber I’d like to adjust.

Any advice/inform I can get is appreciated.
The lift you put on will be the only thing affecting your axle wear. Putting the arched A-arms on the rear won't make a difference from where you are now....
Plenty of people are running the high lifter lift and arched A-arms on stock axles.

Reactions: Plumber32 and JTW
J

JTW

I didn’t like the camber with the HL 2.5” lift either.. I ended up adding the SATV a arms and then went to 30’s... I’ve ran both SATV axles and stock axles.... they’ll both still break. But if you have good stock axles I wouldn’t change just for that.

Reactions: Plumber32
Reno58

Reno58

Oct 21, 2017
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Rambo, @JTW thanks for reply and info.

I noticed that Highlifter rear arched a arms do not push the axles toward the rear like SATV rear arched a arms do (1.5”). HL states they have a washer with an offset slot, located where the hub bolts to the lower a arm, that can be flipped one direction for no lift and the other direction for a lift to allow camber adjustment. Has anyone installed HL’s 2.5” lift and rear arched a arms that can chime in?

I like the HL idea but prefer the adjustability of SATV’s rear a arms. Just that the Karma Sutra position of the rear axles being off set to the rear 1.5” makes me wonder. LOL

J

JTW

@Rambo, @JTW thanks for reply and info.

I noticed that Highlifter rear arched a arms do not push the axles toward the rear like SATV rear arched a arms do (1.5”). HL states they have a washer with an offset slot, located where the hub bolts to the lower a arm, that can be flipped one direction for no lift and the other direction for a lift to allow camber adjustment. Has anyone installed HL’s 2.5” lift and rear arched a arms that can chime in?

I like the HL idea but prefer the adjustability of SATV’s rear a arms. Just that the Karma Sutra position of the rear axles being off set to the rear 1.5” makes me wonder. LOL
Just buy the SATV... there are lots of us running them... we know they work!

Reno58

Reno58

Oct 21, 2017
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just buy the SATV... there are lots of us running them... we know they work!
Pulled the trigger and got a set of SATV rear a arms. Will put them on this weekend.

Thanks for input.

Reactions: JTW
Reno58

Reno58

Oct 21, 2017
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed SATV a arms Friday.

All went smooth but sway bar gums up adjusting camber. Makes for extra step in adjusting bottom arms for camber, not as easy as adjusting the front camber. Got it done though. LOL

@JTW to get 0 degree camber I had to run adjustment out quite far over the ‘pre adjusted’ stetting. I ended up with right at 7/8” gap between backside of pivot blocks and jamb nuts. Does that sound right to you? I’m sure tire type, diameter and pressure plays on the adjustment.

Haven’t put many miles on it yet but I like the ride and the ‘twitchness’ when cornering at speed is almost down to stock.

Axles don’t bind or make any noise but I will keep an eye on them. I ride mostly on county roads and almost never off road so I’m thinking this setup should work okay.

J

JTW

Installed SATV a arms Friday.

All went smooth but sway bar gums up adjusting camber. Makes for extra step in adjusting bottom arms for camber, not as easy as adjusting the front camber. Got it done though. LOL

@JTW to get 0 degree camber I had to run adjustment out quite far over the ‘pre adjusted’ stetting. I ended up with right at 7/8” gap between backside of pivot blocks and jamb nuts. Does that sound right to you? I’m sure tire type, diameter and pressure plays on the adjustment.

Haven’t put many miles on it yet but I like the ride and the ‘twitchness’ when cornering at speed is almost down to stock.

Axles don’t bind or make any noise but I will keep an eye on them. I ride mostly on county roads and almost never off road so I’m thinking this setup should work okay.
Yeah.. the “pre-adjustments” aren’t really set for the machine you have to go thru the process as the directions state. Unless you have the measurements of someone else with a like machine. Mine has a HL lift also, and Fox shocks which will change my camber vs yours. Unless you have those my thread measurement won’t be exactkybtge same as yours. But as I recall... that is close to what I have. I’d have to measure to say exactly.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!