HMF full system?

J

JonCarp

Jun 22, 2020
Charleston WV
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just checking to see what's the truth about the total HMF system! Everything is better?

Reactions: TxDoc
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Just checking to see what's the truth about the total HMF system! Everything is better?
Everything I've read & seen online shows little to no improvement over the OEM exhaust.

Reactions: Backwoods
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
No kidding, what little I can find is all good? I'm worried
Not kidding, anyone can make claims about HP increase but the data I've seen doesn't back it up. Honda did good with the stock system, there's not much left to gain. In the end it's your money, do what you want but in my semi-educated opinion aftermarket exhaust is just a fancy noise maker.....for the Talon at least.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
No improvement so I took it off and sold mine. It was a little noisy and didn't add any power. Plus, you have to repack the HMF every so often. Total waste of money in my opinion. This has been discussed before...

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I run the full HMF system on my race car. HMF system is 19lbs lighter than stock.

Reactions: Mopower58
M

MDFMac

Aug 23, 2020
upstate ny
Ownership

1. Talon X
i did see improvements with aftermarket exhaust when you have the turbo, but you have to have the turbo and be able to tune it. so no you really wont see any improvement in the but dyno. but at the real dyno you gain 2 to 4 hp but thats it, if you tune it for the exhaust.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I run the full HMF system on my race car. HMF system is 19lbs lighter than stock.
I can understand removing as much weight as possible as part of a bigger strategy for building a race vehicle but for the majority of SxS owners, can they tell the difference in handling/weight difference when you have a 1/2 tank of fuel vs 3/4 tank of fuel? That's about 3 gallons of gas @ 6.3# per gallon......19 lbs. Also, given it's well known that the Talon suspension , both X and R, benefit from more weight in the rear are you really gaining anything by running an aftermarket exhaust?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!