Homemade lower doors 1000 X4

R

Rocking67

Aug 17, 2020
California
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Hey,

After buying my Talon and using it for the first time last, I, like made a list of what was needed. Lower doors was on that list. But, after looking at the prices, I decided to make my own.

I used the sides from an old washer/dryer combo. I made cardboard templates first, then cut out the panel. I cut the brackets from the same material and bent to fit. I welded the brackets to the panel. Painted with 3 coats, then put 3 coats of Rhino liner on them. Put a rubber u channel on the lower side. I spent about $30, instead of $400.

I glued the u channel prior to painting and putting the Rhino liner on. I wanted to make sure there was a descent seal with the panel and the channel

I drilled and attached where the dimples are on the inner door.

20210509 101448 20210509 101457 20210517 141638

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Surprise,Az Cincinnati,OH
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hey,

After buying my Talon and using it for the first time last, I, like made a list of what was needed. Lower doors was on that list. But, after looking at the prices, I decided to make my own.

I used the sides from an old washer/dryer combo. I made cardboard templates first, then cut out the panel. I cut the brackets from the same material and bent to fit. I welded the brackets to the panel. Painted with 3 coats, then put 3 coats of Rhino liner on them. Put a rubber u channel on the lower side. I spent about $30, instead of $400.

I glued the u channel prior to painting and putting the Rhino liner on. I wanted to make sure there was a descent seal with the panel and the channel

I drilled and attached where the dimples are on the inner door.

View attachment 272514 View attachment 272515 View attachment 272516
How sturdy is the panel with the 3 brackets? If you accidentally kick the panel out some, can you easily bend it back in?

Reactions: JenElio and toddvdh
nitrotmann

nitrotmann

Jan 18, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000 Crew
Do you still have the patterns for the lower doors? If so, would it be possible to get a picture with a set measurement, so it could be scaled and printed? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you still have the patterns for the lower doors? If so, would it be possible to get a picture with a set measurement, so it could be scaled and printed? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
The last time @Rocking67 logged into the forum was December 28 2021. You will most likely not get a response from him. Maybe another member on here could point you into a different direction.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!