BOX1

P1000 Honda 1000 Pioneer hard shift and wont recognize park when cold

E

Espanola_Honda

Sep 16, 2021
Espanola
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi everyone, I have a 2018 1000 pioneer that when sits for a bit wont recognize park. all other gears are fine. When warmed up it recognizes all gears fine. I changed fall oils and filters. Also shifts hard coming out of park sometimes when cold. The longer it sits the worse it gets. Also replaced Battery

any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Im suspecting cable adjustment?

Reactions: Lady01
E

Espanola_Honda

Sep 16, 2021
Espanola
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try a clutch relearn.

Sometimes the clutches can drag and cause the unit to be difficult to engage ranges.
we have tried this with no success. also want to add that the MT and AT symbols are both always on. no matter what mode you are in.

H

HondaTech

we have tried this with no success. also want to add that the MT and AT symbols are both always on. no matter what mode you are in.

Then the relearn hasn't taken. The oil has to be warm to perform the procedure. If it still wont take, then there may be clutch damage.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
MT and AT were both lit up when my R-1-3-5 clutch pack was bad, and it would not relearn.

Is your machine slipping when shifting at all?

H

HondaTech

MT and AT were both lit up when my R-1-3-5 clutch pack was bad, and it would not relearn.

Is your machine slipping when shifting at all?

The only way this happens is if a clutch relearn fails or a PCM is replaced. Clutches getting burnt wont trigger the indicators to come on.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK, so they were on *because* the previous owner had tried relearning and failed, now I get it. He had bad clutches and didn't know it.

E

Espanola_Honda

Sep 16, 2021
Espanola
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Then the relearn hasn't taken. The oil has to be warm to perform the procedure. If it still wont take, then there may be clutch damage.
we have tried a bunch of times and we cant even through the whole re learn process and it stops us. going to swap pcm and see what happens.

E

Espanola_Honda

Sep 16, 2021
Espanola
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No pcm issue, when we are trying the relearn process, just after getting started the program says to turn key off and on within 10 seconds after doing that is says relearn failed.

we opened up the the solenoid covers to clean everything and put back together.

H

HondaTech

No pcm issue, when we are trying the relearn process, just after getting started the program says to turn key off and on within 10 seconds after doing that is says relearn failed.

we opened up the the solenoid covers to clean everything and put back together.

The manual way is the only way i do them, the MCS has issues. Try the manual way and see what happens.

E

Espanola_Honda

Sep 16, 2021
Espanola
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The problem ended up being in the dct. pulled off covers and cleaned everything and blew out solenoids. put back together and did the manual re learn. works awesome now. Thank you for all your help.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!