BOX1

Talon Honda Accessory Particle Seperator

H

HondaTech

Just got the accessory bulletin this morning, it appears it's a S&B manufactured piece.

Sorry for the screenshot couldn't figure out how to upload a modified pdf with pricing and sensitive info blocked.

Screenshot 20190924 105532 Drive

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Beats throwin a $50 air filter in your Talon every 100 miles.
Any idea when it'll be available? I did a search but haven't found any info on it yet.

M

Morris1219

Aug 27, 2019
Dallas TX
Ownership

1. Talon R
I know on my can-am I love this, definitely will be ordering for talon.

The only thing is with full front and back window can you just turn this around to point to back and it will just pull the air in with fans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X

The only thing is with full front and back window can you just turn this around to point to back and it will just pull the air in with fans?

The screenshot says it can be mounted high on the ROPS, I assume this would be for forward facing above the roof

Reactions: CumminsPusher
M

Morris1219

Aug 27, 2019
Dallas TX
Ownership

1. Talon R
The screenshot says it can be mounted high on the ROPS, I assume this would be for forward facing above the roof

That’s what I was thinking, for trails that won’t work for me. Some trees hang low lol

H

HondaTech

Will not work with Honda rear panels.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The high mount may work with the rear window but its going to take a lot of window cutting to fit around the particle separator. If someone will do it and make a cut out template it will help a lot. Its not so difficult for a 3 inch tube.
20190916 114715 resized

Reactions: TripleB
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Any word yet how it will attached to Jackson's turbo kit?
Shouldn't be any different unless the turbo kit doesnt retain the factory airbox..... just a guess o_O

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Any word yet how it will attached to Jackson's turbo kit?
The turbo completely replaces and relocates the factory air cleaner (the intercooler is located where the air cleaner is now) so i doubt it will be a direct fit. Since the turbo is Honda approved, I would not be surprised if there is a turbo retrofit kit/adapter that will be available for the S&B.
Shouldn't be any different unless the turbo kit doesnt retain the factory airbox..... just a guess o_O
It is VERY different than stock. The factory air cleaner box is removed and the intercooler is in its location. Go to about 5:15 in this vid...

The air filter is a canister type about 7 to 8 inches in diameter and about 16 to 18 inches long. The inlet appears to be about 4 inches in diameter. Go to 7:50 in this vid...

Reactions: 906UP
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The turbo completely replaces and relocates the factory air cleaner (the intercooler is located where the air cleaner is now) so i doubt it will be a direct fit. Since the turbo is Honda approved, I would not be surprised if there is a turbo retrofit kit/adapter that will be available for the S&B.

It is VERY different than stock. The factory air cleaner box is removed and the intercooler is in its location. Go to about 5:15 in this vid...

The air filter is a canister type about 7 to 8 inches in diameter and about 16 to 18 inches long. The inlet appears to be about 4 inches in diameter. Go to 7:50 in this vid...
Good catch but watching those vids makes me want a turbo o_O

Reactions: CumminsPusher
D

DuneFlyer

Nov 27, 2018
Lake Havasu, AZ
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I called Jackson today and asked about the S&B connection, when the turbo kit will be available, and if they are going to have a turbo Talon at Glamis on TG weekend - Honda is doing demo rides at Glamis the weekend of Nov 28, 29 & 30.

No way to connect an S&B with the Jackson turbo - they are considering it.The big K&N they use will be OK for the dunes IMHO but I'm a little wary how it will do on our dusty hardpack trails here in the West.

Turbo kit will be available Oct or Nov.

They did not know if they were going to Glamis on TG weekend and doubted that there would be a turbo Talon there if they did not go.

I'll call them back in a month - I hope they know more then.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!