Honda costumer service Is Horrible

Mudd-man1000

Mudd-man1000

Aug 17, 2019
Morgan co
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon R
Took my talon in for popping in the rear end Dealer found a bad axel. 500 miles on the machine. He tried to get ahold of Honda warranty rep for three weeks. Finally got a supervisor. They sent the parts. Minus the snap ring took two weeks to get it. Rep called my wife got smart with her Sent two hats to make up for it. Honda should do. Better. They may have lost a lifetime customer. I have two sxs. And two four wheelers. All Honda.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took my talon in for popping in the rear end Dealer found a bad axel. 500 miles on the machine. He tried to get ahold of Honda warranty rep for three weeks. Finally got a supervisor. They sent the parts. Minus the snap ring took two weeks to get it. Rep called my wife got smart with her Sent two hats to make up for it. Honda should do. Better. They may have lost a lifetime customer. I have two sxs. And two four wheelers. All Honda.
That's a bummer to hear. This is definitely the place to post the good, the bad and the downright ugly though.

Mudd-man1000

Mudd-man1000

Aug 17, 2019
Morgan co
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon R
On a different note what do you guys think of the Honda add on skid sliders. A arm guards and trailing arm guards. Not convinced on 1/4 uhmw.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
On a different note what do you guys think of the Honda add on skid sliders. A arm guards and trailing arm guards. Not convinced on 1/4 uhmw.
I went with a full Ricochet aluminum kit, I know some guys don't like alum but for where I normally ride I feel it's the best option.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Mudd-man1000

Mudd-man1000

Aug 17, 2019
Morgan co
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon R
I am getting in to some rock crawling. To make up for our bad experience my dealer gave my wife a great deal on those items but I am afraid it won’t hold up. I told her to get them if they were 1/2” She showed up with 1/4”. Now they want 20 0/0 restock and shipping. I know I should have taken care of it before anybody says anything So I might have some stuff for sale lol

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
1/2 inch Trail Armour with built-in rock sliders. Not cheap, but I'd have nothing less.

Mudd-man1000

Mudd-man1000

Aug 17, 2019
Morgan co
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon R
That was my thought. Have 1/2” on the pioneer. Thanks

H

HondaTech

Not to counteract your argument but your dealer sucks as well.
If we have to get a hold of anyone to authorize a repair it might take a day or 2 at most depending on who we're trying to get ahold of.

Our first 2 axle boot kits also had the incorrect snap ring for the knuckle. They were on back order then but we put it on critical backorder and got it sooner than we would have.

Your dealer is either lying to you about time issues or has no idea how to get stuff done through the correct channels. I agree the customer service rep sounds like a bad one, but your dealer dropped the ball.

Last edited:
LonnieDickens

LonnieDickens

Oct 24, 2019
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have been a honda fan for over 20 years. Brother and I just bought our first sxs. He just got his out of the shop fir over two months and mine if climbing anything 8 had better be in manual mode or the oil light will shut the machine down. The honda dealer says it's normal
I call bulls***. Not impressed so far.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I have been a honda fan for over 20 years. Brother and I just bought our first sxs. He just got his out of the shop fir over two months and mine if climbing anything 8 had better be in manual mode or the oil light will shut the machine down. The honda dealer says it's normal

You need to find a new dealership to go through. I have had two pioneer 1000s and one Talon 1000X. I have literally put them through everything and have never had to fix one thing on them yet. I have been in rocks, mud, sand, snow, and about any other element on this planet. I bought the upper doors for my Honda Talon and the see-through plastic started to get a crack in it and my dealership and Honda rep had me a brand new set of doors in a matter of two or three days. Honda customer service has been unmatched for me at least. I also have two Polaris 570 aces that my boys drive and we haven't had a single trip yet that we aren't fixing something on them. I know it sucks when a machine has issues that it shouldn't but I believe your machines and your experiences have been the exception to the Honda rule not the norm. I hope it all gets worked out for you because these machines really are too much fun and you typically just drive them.... add gas....drive again!!

Mudd-man1000

Mudd-man1000

Aug 17, 2019
Morgan co
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon R
I have tried different dealers The main one in the Knoxville area told me to ride it till it broke. At least the other guy took time to find out the problem. Hopefully I’ll be good for a long time.

T

Tommer

Oct 6, 2019
Minneapolis
Ownership

1. Talon X

Check the oil level? It could be low and shutting down to prevent damage. Seems pretty logical to me.

I bought an OEM glass windshield that fell apart before even using it on a trail, but do you see me b****ing. No, because I put on my big boy pants, I called and politely explained the problem I was having with it. They said that is not normal and sent another, which I have no problem with. They were pretty good taking care of it.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Your "Dealer" doesn't know the Talon very well. Your T has a Dry-Sump type oil system designed for aggressive driving, climbing and ascending without loosing oil pressure. Your T will run on its side and maintain oil pressure and continue to run until you shut it off (don't ask how I know :)).

Find yourself another dealer that knows what they are servicing!

Reactions: LonnieDickens
SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I am getting in to some rock crawling. To make up for our bad experience my dealer gave my wife a great deal on those items but I am afraid it won’t hold up. I told her to get them if they were 1/2” She showed up with 1/4”. Now they want 20 0/0 restock and shipping. I know I should have taken care of it before anybody says anything So I might have some stuff for sale lol

The next time you are having trouble have your wife contact Honda Powersports North America and ask for an escalation case number. They will also assign her a case worker that will work with the dealer and your wife to address your issue...

Mudd-man1000

Mudd-man1000

Aug 17, 2019
Morgan co
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon R
I hope no one else has my experience. I know people who swear by ford Chevy. Polaris Yamaha. I was sharing my experience. Didn’t want anybody to get their. big boy pantys in a wad

LonnieDickens

LonnieDickens

Oct 24, 2019
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Check the oil level? It could be low and shutting down to prevent damage. Seems pretty logical to me.

I bought an OEM glass windshield that fell apart before even using it on a trail, but do you see me b****ing. No, because I put on my big boy pants, I called and politely explained the problem I was having with it. They said that is not normal and sent another, which I have no problem with. They were pretty good taking care of it.
Good job on pointing out the checking the whole oil thing. An oil light being on means to check the oil. Guess I never would have figured that one out on my own. Especially seeing how I check it everytime I ride. So take your big boy pants and choke on them. I have bought all of my fourwheelers from one dealer and he always has shot me straight. Until now. I guess the word troll comes to mind right now.

Reactions: Mudd-man1000
T

Tommer

Oct 6, 2019
Minneapolis
Ownership

1. Talon X
Good job on pointing out the checking the whole oil thing. An oil light being on means to check the oil. Guess I never would have figured that one out on my own. Especially seeing how I check it everytime I ride. So take your big boy pants and choke on them. I have bought all of my fourwheelers from one dealer and he always has shot me straight. Until now. I guess the word troll comes to mind right now.
So give them a call, give them a ride and demonstrate the issue. No big deal. Flame them I guess, if that’s what you want.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!