Honda Fuse Box and Busbar

A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Has anyone installed the Honda fuse box and busbar in their Talon yet? I looked at the installation instructions and it looks like it would fit my 2019. The price isn't horrible for what you all get especially when XTC wants $350 for theirs. Someone wrote a review for the Pioneer but would like to hear from those who installed it in a Talon. Thanks.

Reactions: Smittyp and CID
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Just a Busbar.
Nothing special except 5 letters on the top.
I have one.
But doesn't look like I took any pictures. (I can Sunday evening)
I was not impressed.
Also.. I seem to think each post was separate. It was not really a busbar but more like 4 post.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I just did standard buss blocks on my 20 P1K made life simple

The KISS rule right Lamont?
This ........

You can build a set up yourself with higher quality components for a fraction of the cost. If you need help there are tons of examples to be found via the search function, or just ask for help on the site.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Barney Fife

scottkooch

scottkooch

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 26, 2021
SO MN
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
This ........

You can build a set up yourself with higher quality components for a fraction of the cost. If you need help there are tons of examples to be found via the search function, or just ask for help on the site.
I added a 2nd battery, battery isolator, relay, and fuse block for less than the Honda fuse box and busbar.

Fuse block

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I added a 2nd battery, battery isolator, relay, and fuse block for less than the Honda fuse box and busbar.

View attachment 348344
Nicely done!! 👍 Just out of curiosity, do you have any pics of where you put the aux battery? I just finished building a battery tray for mine and waiting for the paint to dry before putting it in. I saw someone put theirs to the left of your photo, in the big opening just behind the plastic firewall. I'm always looking for idears.

I didn't want to use the commonly available under hood Talon battery tray for 2 reasons - 1. Radiator heat kills batteries. 2. I have the under-hood storage bin that lives in the same place.

Test fit, before paint. I had to take a sawzall to the Live Valve bracket that lives right there. The large wiring harness that disappears in the lower right corner was on top of the frame crossmember and had to be moved under it.
I wBTfp7Q XL

Backed off so you can actually see 'where' -
I HmDt8nC X2

Finally ready for paint. Why do these things always take waaaaaaay longer than you think? :oops:
I GW4ZgmN XL

Batteries don't like vibration so I made the tray big enough to allow 2 layers of inner tube, I'll trim to fit.
I Twt4s8F XL

Last edited:
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Nicely done!! 👍 Just out of curiosity, do you have any pics of where you put the aux battery? I just finished building a battery tray for mine and waiting for the paint to dry before putting it in. I saw someone put theirs to the left of your photo, in the big opening just behind the plastic firewall. I'm always looking for idears.

I didn't want to use the commonly available under hood Talon battery tray for 2 reasons - 1. Radiator heat kills batteries. 2. I have the under-hood storage bin that lives in the same place.

Test fit, before paint. I had to take a sawzall to the Live Valve bracket that lives right there. The large wiring harness that disappears in the lower right corner was on top of the frame crossmember and had to be moved under it.
View attachment 348387

View attachment 348388

Finally ready for paint. Why do these things always take waaaaaaay longer than you think? :oops:
View attachment 348389

Batteries don't like vibration so I made the tray big enough to allow 2 layers of inner tube, I'll trim to fit.
View attachment 348390
I put mine in the rear cargo area for the same reason. Custom battery tray, 200 amp circuit breaker and "big cables" (don't recall the size) running up front to some stingers then to a waterproof fuse block. I'll get some pics this weekend.

scottkooch

scottkooch

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 26, 2021
SO MN
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

View attachment 348387

View attachment 348388

View attachment 348389

View attachment 348390
I did use a EXE battery which goes behind the radiator. As you can see, I dated the battery so I can see if the heat kills it. Being in Minnesota we don't see the extreme heat like in the desert. Time will tell.

Battery

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
20220812 165235
Here is where my aux battery & circuit breaker are mounted. Cables run up to this...
20220812 165252
I made a plate that holds a w/p fuse & relay box, isolater & aux battery relay.

Reactions: Squeegee and CID
A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

View attachment 348344
Does the solenoid in lower left provide key power to fuse box, and if so what solenoid did you use? Also, what is the relay for in upper right corner used for? All I want to do is provide keyed power to fuse box, is everything in picture necessary to do that? Thanks.

Reactions: Squeegee
A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
There is a cheep plug and play option in the club store for that fyi
I saw the pigtails in the store, but I can't take that directly to the fuse box. I'm guessing I need to do something similar to a winch solenoid, key power to activate the solenoid.

scottkooch

scottkooch

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 26, 2021
SO MN
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Does the solenoid in lower left provide key power to fuse box, and if so what solenoid did you use? Also, what is the relay for in upper right corner used for? All I want to do is provide keyed power to fuse box, is everything in picture necessary to do that? Thanks.
The lower left does supply power to the keyed-on fuse block. The upper right relay turns on the dual voltmeter I installed. I bought this relay from Amazon. Not sure about the quality, but price was good. I will probably replace it with one from NAPA if it fails.
Max 300A Continuous Duty Solenoid Relay Nickel-Plating For Golf Carts, Winch, Marine In Rush 12VDC

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I saw the pigtails in the store, but I can't take that directly to the fuse box. I'm guessing I need to do something similar to a winch solenoid, key power to activate the solenoid.
Its just making a key on power wire. Thats what your trying to find

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!