russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I would like to give Honda of South Georgia in Tifton Georgia a 5 star rating. After another un-named dealer told me I would need to leave my Pioneer 1000-3 one and a half to two weeks to get the transmission and accelerator update done, these guys did it in a day and even upgraded the oil to full synthetic at no charge. Thanks Matt and Calvin in the service department. I highly recommend this dealership for anyone in north Florida or south Georgia!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
And, on that note, man what a difference in shifting the update made! I think it's even a little quieter.
See everyone.
If you havent done the clutch cover update YOU SHOULD!. Dont let the dealer tell you "it's not needed.

It's not a point of if its needed or not. It's a "product update" and you have the right to have your product updated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glad to hear this. Tifton is about two hours from me and my machine is currently in Statesboro at dealer for clutch and they have had it two weeks and it’s not fixed yet. I told them I needed it in a hurry and he assured me he would do it fast as possible. When I called 5 days later to check on it he hadn’t touched it yet. I will make the trip to Tifton next time

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Glad to hear this. Tifton is about two hours from me and my machine is currently in Statesboro at dealer for clutch and they have had it two weeks and it’s not fixed yet. I told them I needed it in a hurry and he assured me he would do it fast as possible. When I called 5 days later to check on it he hadn’t touched it yet. I will make the trip to Tifton next time

I'd go get it, load it up, and haul it to Tifton.

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
See everyone.
If you havent done the clutch cover update YOU SHOULD!. Dont let the dealer tell you "it's not needed.

It's not a point of if its needed or not. It's a "product update" and you have the right to have your product updated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I agree it totally changes it!!!! Its defiantly needed!

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah my clutch update was done before I bought my 2016 but it was jumpy when I got it. I smoked it on last ride so I’m curious to see if it smooths out or not with new clutch.

@russknight where are you located? I’m in Vidalia, Ga. just curious if you are close

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Yeah my clutch update was done before I bought my 2016 but it was jumpy when I got it. I smoked it on last ride so I’m curious to see if it smooths out or not with new clutch.

@russknight where are you located? I’m in Vidalia, Ga. just curious if you are close

Perry Florida

Reactions: BWAF
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Shop called today and said Honda is ready. 12 days to change primary clutch, service the machine and do the gas pedal recall :mad:

H

HondaTech

Just an FYI we can schedule your machine for recall/updates while you wait. Might be a few days out on scheduling, but if you wanna hang out in Cincy for a bit, we'll get it done as soon as possible. Give us a call @ 513-858-1000.

Pedal recall is honestly a 10 minute job if your slow and the machine is dirty.

Clutch update can be done in under an hour on a 3 seater and in about a hour on a 5.

Reactions: BWAF and TimG
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably would have been cheaper to drive it to Cincy, but damn that’s a long way from GA :(

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just throwin it out there for anyone near the area or driving through. We pride ourselves in being very customer oriented.

Sure you have done enough to tell me a range of what it should have cost? And no it wasn’t dirty

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah that’s what I figured and I still have warranty through end of this year. Live and learn I guess, it surely won’t go back there

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked up the Honda today and man is it much smoother now with new clutches. Even the downshifting while slowing down is much smoother. On side note my dash indicator for 2wd/4wd and diff lock aren’t working now so I have to adjust that stuff but the shop swears nothing they did should have affected that. It is operating correctly just not indicating.

P

Perk

Sep 11, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Had the same problem with a sub- transmission rebuild, had an appointment to get it done, didn't work on it till 7 days later, took 4 weeks for a 1 week job, no longer with that stealership, after 30 yrs. and 35 thousand dollars later

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!