Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda Pioneer 1000 Service Manual now available!
Click HERE for info --> 2016 SXS1000M3/M3P/M5P/M5D Service Manual - Helm Incorporated

Honda redwing 48x40 Service and Owner Information
> Honda Motorcycle > 2016
2016 SXS1000M3/M3P/M5P/M5D Service Manual
Price: $104.22
Pkg Qty:
Media: Paper
Language: English
Item/Part #: 61HL400
Buy One Now!

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just received my manual yesterday. REALLY will pay off in the future I am sure! Well worth it if you are doing any of the work yourself!!
Used mine today... used the wiring diagram on 25-2 to confirm which brown wire to tap for "lights on" power. This manual is a must have.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's been a couple years since I've done any real wiring on a Honda. Are their ground wires still green or a combination with green? I know for at least the last 30 years this has been true. Just curious

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's been a couple years since I've done any real wiring on a Honda. Are their ground wires still green or a combination with green? I know for at least the last 30 years this has been true. Just curious
yes, looks like green is typically ground. not sure it's always ground, but skimming the wiring diagrams, I do see many instances of ground wires being green.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yes, looks like green is typically ground. not sure it's always ground, but skimming the wiring diagrams, I do see many instances of ground wires being green.
I'd almost bet a paycheck all of them are green or mixed green then. That was always convenient, now even more so with fuel injected machines. Grounds are more important with them than with carb'd models. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: PioneerPete
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's so nice to see how much the factory manuals have improved. The earlier versions were almost useless to newcomers or anyone not already familiar with the machine. I'll dig up a couple old manuals and post a pic or two to show the difference. The wording was pretty technical and pics were few and not very useful.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's so nice to see how much the factory manuals have improved. The earlier versions were almost useless to newcomers or anyone not already familiar with the machine. I'll dig up a couple old manuals and post a pic or two to show the difference. The wording was pretty technical and pics were few and not very useful.
I agree. I was pleasantly surprised to see how many detailed pictures there are in there. I like the numbers that they use in the text and the picture so you can see which part of the image they are talking about. Very good resource. I figured if I could spend ~$20k on the machine, I could spend $100 to get the service manual. Glad I did.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree. I was pleasantly surprised to see how many detailed pictures there are in there. I like the numbers that they use in the text and the picture so you can see which part of the image they are talking about. Very good resource. I figured if I could spend ~$20k on the machine, I could spend $100 to get the service manual. Glad I did.
Oh yeah you did good

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure if you can tell but this is what alot of the old pics looked like. Not actual pictures of something, just a drawing. This is a well used page. Hondas disastrous attempt at a hydraulic camchain tensioner lol
IMG 20160208 175254046

Reactions: PioneerPete
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
My dealer in Canada says he cannot even order a paper copy cause Honda wants to go all digital.
Anyone know about getting an digital copy?
I just an email to the dealer about this but thought I would ask here too.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
This was the dealers reply
"not that I know of. our tech's sign into honda canada to see the manual. you have to be a dealer for that."

Up2It

Up2It

Jan 9, 2016
Calgary Alberta
This was the dealers reply
"not that I know of. our tech's sign into honda canada to see the manual. you have to be a dealer for that."
I quite like the paper version, would much rather have it, unless the digital version was much cheaper!

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I quite like the paper version, would much rather have it, unless the digital version was much cheaper!
Agreed. I can see me knocking wife's new laptop onto the concrete floor out in shop. That would cost me dearly lol.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I thought I would explore local options first - don't bother...
I ordered thru Helm link posted above.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For some reason I'm having trouble ordering one. When I go to enter my info, the screen keeps reloading. Any ideas? Ready to purchase soon as possible

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!