P1000 Honda Pioneer 1000 Snorkel Kit options!

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let's see some snorkel kit options for the Pioneer 1000.

I found this one by High Lifter recently: Diver Down Riser Snorkel Honda Pioneer 1000
Looks decent for a fair price. Just want to see what it looks like from the front before I bite the bullet. Also looks like you could remove it for warranty work and slide under the radar.

What others are out there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Isaiah
K

Kyle

Jun 11, 2015
I was just going to post this..... you beat me to it lol, I would also like a couple more pictures. Some from the front and underneath the hood would be great before I decide to buy it. Looks like the best aftermarket one out there so far!

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I just saw that as well. I like that they have an extra cup holder to replace the one you lose.

Up2It

Up2It

Jan 9, 2016
Calgary Alberta
it looks good, but I am leaning toward doing my own, to save the money. What is the concern regarding snorkles and warranty work? I am new to these units, but don't they have to actually be able to say how the modification actually caused the issue that led to the warranty work being needed? Other than dusting your motor, what warranty work could be denied because you had a snorkel?

N

Null

Jan 18, 2016
it looks good, but I am leaning toward doing my own, to save the money. What is the concern regarding snorkles and warranty work? I am new to these units, but don't they have to actually be able to say how the modification actually caused the issue that led to the warranty work being needed? Other than dusting your motor, what warranty work could be denied because you had a snorkel?
Good question, I would like to hear the answer to how a snorkel contributed to a rear diff failure or something like that. I can understand not warranting water damage.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Area around the cupholder has alot of small sections connected to each other. Personally I think it looks a little cheap for an aftermarket piece. Should've molded into just a couple pieces. Just my .02. I'm gonna keep waiting for something I like or build my own.

Reactions: Scooterchris
amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just assuming that most dealers will find any reason they can to complain about warranty work, so the snorkel would be the first thing they saw.

I also agree with thinking that it could have done better, and to look better, but I am not sure I could make one myself and it look better than that. lol.

The extra cup holder is a non-issuse because it mounts where most of us put our switch panels. Hoping someone comes out with something else, but starting to doubt it.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just assuming that most dealers will find any reason they can to complain about warranty work, so the snorkel would be the first thing they saw.

I also agree with thinking that it could have done better, and to look better, but I am not sure I could make one myself and it look better than that. lol.

The extra cup holder is a non-issuse because it mounts where most of us put our switch panels. Hoping someone comes out with something else, but starting to doubt it.

Consider a snorkel like I did. It's stupid simple and can be reverted back to stock in minutes.

6e25c6f8f790bb65f01b7c8f2919f141

Jayme

Jayme

Nov 29, 2015
Hernando, MS
I spoke with my dealer about a snorkel and the exact words were "it doesn't matter if it is snorkeled or not if water is in the motor it is not covered snorkeled or not." So I took mine in for the first 100mi service and had the dealer extend my vent lines up high. I'd rather pay them to do it than have an argument about the work that was done down the road. I haven't found a snorkel I'm just sold on yet. However there is a snorkel on eBay that runs up behind the front seat and in between the bed. They are claiming no cutting or modifications for installation. I like the idea but I'm waiting to see what other clever ideas come out.

Reactions: pct
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I spoke with my dealer about a snorkel and the exact words were "it doesn't matter if it is snorkeled or not if water is in the motor it is not covered snorkeled or not." So I took mine in for the first 100mi service and had the dealer extend my vent lines up high. I'd rather pay them to do it than have an argument about the work that was done down the road. I haven't found a snorkel I'm just sold on yet. However there is a snorkel on eBay that runs up behind the front seat and in between the bed. They are claiming no cutting or modifications for installation. I like the idea but I'm waiting to see what other clever ideas come out.
Can you post a link to that snorkel on eBay?

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Ram mount and have it split to the phone and to a cup holder. ;) I have a ram mount cup holder for my kayak. Works great.

Jayme

Jayme

Nov 29, 2015
Hernando, MS
Take some pictures once you put it on and give some feed back. I'm debating it hard before I go to muddy bottoms next weekend.

Reactions: CashMoney
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Take some pictures once you put it on and give some feed back. I'm debating it hard before I go to muddy bottoms next weekend.
I doubt it'll be on there by next weekend.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!