H

Hoopy986

Aug 4, 2022
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R
Lost reverse so took sub out put reverse gear ,reverse idler out of talon plus replaced all the other gears that was bad put it back together it just grinds in low so tore it apart a hundred times went through the book step by step

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lost reverse so took sub out put reverse gear ,reverse idler out of talon plus replaced all the other gears that was bad put it back together it just grinds in low so tore it apart a hundred times went through the book step by step
You tore it apart how many times?

Did you follow my sub-transmission service thread? There are a few things I pointed out in there that the manual was not very clear on.

Just a first thought, I wonder if you got messed up on the reinstall in park / neutral problem?

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Pay really close attention to where I called out issues and things that weren't clear or consistent in the service manual.

H

Hoopy986

Aug 4, 2022
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

Pay really close attention to where I called out issues and things that weren't clear or consistent in the service manual.
I followed your steps everything lines up with the cover on

H

Hoopy986

Aug 4, 2022
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R
You tore it apart how many times?

Did you follow my sub-transmission service thread? There are a few things I pointed out in there that the manual was not very clear on.

Just a first thought, I wonder if you got messed up on the reinstall in park / neutral problem?
I reinstalled in neutral

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder if it could be your low range shift fork bent? Did you replace that?

When I did mine I had read that the shift fork is often bent when we have these issues, so I went ahead and replaced it up front.

Tagging @HondaTech to see if he has any other ideas what could have gone wrong.

Reactions: CID
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also, you say "all other gears" that needed replaced. That includes the low gear?

This was my note from the subtrans thread:

I went ahead and ordered the sub-gearshift fork and the low final drive gear because I heard they can be messed up from the reverse getting to the condition this one was in.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!