BOX1

P500 Honda Pioneer 500 High Speed Gear Set Video

S

slydogge

Jul 3, 2022
Pensacola fl
Ownership

1. 500
Hey guys thought I would post to let you know we just released the 1st of four videos to install a higher top speed gear set in the Honda P5. I have all of the video done, I just have to get each part edited. I should be able to get a new one posted every two weeks.

We will also be posting a test video of before and after showing you more of what you can really expect from this modification!

Hope you guys enjoy!

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They also posted at the other place.
I added the link over there that @Todd627 posted, so people can see it.
Like I said over there,
The video looks to be good quality and easy to follow.
Nothing wrong with redoing something your own way.
Have a good day

Last edited by a moderator:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Replying to the deleted post -
Yall came a little too hard on this guy.
Nowhere does he claim to have discovered/invented this modification. He is just making a very detailed install video so anyone can do it on their own.
So at this point, we have no clue if the info was collected here or not. We can only assume this.
And while I do believe @906UP holds credit for being the first to complete this on a 500, re-gearing has been around... Well, since the first gear was ever made.
What's the difference between this and someone taking claim to a box?
Or the 100's of dual battery videos.
Or Honda moving the display to the steering column.
None of which are new.

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think it is a great video.
We could use a 100 videos like this on everything from "what size tire fit", "how to install a dual battery", to "how to put my Talon hood on correctly so it doesn't blow off down the road". Not to mention the hard stuff like re-gearing, clutch replacement, and valve jobs.

This guy has 75 subscribers and 4 videos on a new channel and his videos are already better and more informative than most out there. Do you have any clue why he started this adventure?
No?.... read this ---> https://www.youtube.com/user/slydogge/about
I personally think he is doing a great job so far and look forward to him detailed teaching a few more things related to our sport.
Thanks.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Replying to the deleted post -
Yall came a little too hard on this guy.
Nowhere does he claim to have discovered/invented this modification. He is just making a very detailed install video so anyone can do it on their own.
So at this point, we have no clue if the info was collected here or not. We can only assume this.
And while I do believe @906UP holds credit for being the first to complete this on a 500, re-gearing has been around... Well, since the first gear was ever made.
What's the difference between this and someone taking claim to a box?
Or the 100's of dual battery videos.
Or Honda moving the display to the steering column.
None of which are new.
LOL..I was just sitting here thinking...here comes the glove box 3.0!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
LOL...wait a minute? Why does this post say edited by a mod? Did you remove one of the periods from the end?

Screenshot 20220913 134500 Chrome

S

slydogge

Jul 3, 2022
Pensacola fl
Ownership

1. 500
I think it is a great video.
We could use a 100 videos like this on everything from "what size tire fit", "how to install a dual battery", to "how to put my Talon hood on correctly so it doesn't blow off down the road". Not to mention the hard stuff like re-gearing, clutch replacement, and valve jobs.

This guy has 75 subscribers and 4 videos on a new channel and his videos are already better and more informative than most out there. Do you have any clue why he started this adventure?
No?.... read this ---> https://www.youtube.com/user/slydogge/about
I personally think he is doing a great job so far and look forward to him detailed teaching a few more things related to our sport.
Thanks.
Very kind words. Thank you!

The first dislike that any of those 4 videos have gotten came this morning. It may not be obvious to some, but I put a good deal of work into editing and putting these together when most folks are sleeping. We do most filming after work and some one the weekends. I know I am not that smart and I am learning every day but I do have years of experience and certifications in this field.

I will never have a channel that gives a preview and then says "pay now 29.95 and you can see the video." These are absolutely free and when someone dislikes it, well it tells the YouTube robots not to recommend the video.

If you genuinely believe I did a poor job of helping someone do some job then absolutely dislike the video but then PLEASE let me know what you think could have been explained better or in a more timely manner and I would love to take that with me for the next video! Otherwise, by you disliking it, just prevents it from helping others...

I am not making millions by destroying classic cars or some other channel that puts out piles of crap. I am spending my own money and time trying to put together a channel that will share a little actual knowledge with others.

Anyway, hope there are not too many errors I just wanted to say THANK YOU hondasxs for the kind words!

M

Maine Farmer

Jul 16, 2022
ME
Ownership

1. 500
Video is good! Forums are fickle things, they don’t realize small channels make no money and right now it’s free video for everyone to see. I did acouple of videos on Kubota tractor mods and did a link on Orange tractor talks. I was the first person online to show mounting a buddy seat on 40 series kubota tractors and the forum trolls freaked out. I make videos about my Honda pioneer 500 build for the fun of it, but never linked a video here. I thank people for there ideas here and post some things as I find time, but I have no time for forum bulls*** when it comes to showing videos so I haven’t bothered. Keep up making videos! Forums also die and go away and only posting here is time sensitive. I did entire posts on building IH scout trucks in high school and college to have forums go defunct and go away. Youtube will be there likely forever so your work will be there for next generations.

M

Maine Farmer

Jul 16, 2022
ME
Ownership

1. 500
I almost did the regearing but opted to go with heavy duty radial tires, and the regearing only really works well with the stock type tires. At least that’s what people have posted on the forums. I love my 26inch ripsaw tires too much to give them up.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Hey guys, late to the party, it's been a busy day. I have no qualms of this guy making the vid. He's not the first to make a youtube of it.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Is this possible with the 1000?
That would be awesome! It was quite easy w the P5. Honda has used the same engine case/architecture for years, I just kept searching until I found one with a taller gear ratio. For the 1000 you'd have to look at other models w the 1000..... Africa Twin maybe?

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
That would be awesome! It was quite easy w the P5. Honda has used the same engine case/architecture for years, I just kept searching until I found one with a taller gear ratio. For the 1000 you'd have to look at other models w the 1000..... Africa Twin maybe?

6th gear in the Pioneer is 35 teeth countershaft is 28 teeth. 6th gear in the Africa twin is 32 teeth, countershaft is 31 teeth, which is almost a 1:1 ratio. Unknowns are will they interchange and would it be too much gear ratio decrease for the added weight.

Reactions: 906UP and FJC 79
S

slydogge

Jul 3, 2022
Pensacola fl
Ownership

1. 500
Part 2 is out;

I'm definitely interested in this mod but, man, it's a ton of work, lol

Mike
Thanks for posting Mike. It was not worth the risk for me to post it lol.

I guess it is a little work but at the end of the day, especially if you sucker a good friend to help you with it, its a good time and you get to know your machine a bit more.

I was shooting to get each part edited within two weeks but I am trying to get them out faster. 👍

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!