Talon Honda SSV Works installation

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
(This is a warning to all that plan on installing this kit) . My son and I installed the Honda SSV Works stereo this weekend. The installation was a b**** because of the s***ty Honda templates. The under the hood stuff is a straight forward deal. The speakers however where the problem The templates for the holes do not fit correctly. When i drilled the holes, they where way off from where they needed to be. I finally took a paint marker and painted around the mounting holes of the speaker, placed it where it belonged while the paint was wet and let the speaker make my template. The last warning on this install is (YOU DO NOT NEED THE HONDA ACCESSORY CABLE) that Honda says you need. (EVERY THING YOU NEED IS IN THE BOX WITH THE STEREO).
I now have to return the $50.00 dollar cable that I did not need.
Who ever came up with the instructions and the parts needed should install one of these their self. I did not take pictures, but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Good note.
Save some time and money.
The instructions for the Pioneers was similar. Way over-complicated with many un-needed steps.

Reactions: Isaiah
T

TalonR

Mar 22, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How did the system end up sounding. Debating on getting one and doing a install.

Reactions: Isaiah
MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
How did the system end up sounding. Debating on getting one and doing a install.
It sounds good but not super loud. It has a 4 channel amp so you can always add rear speakers. I just wanted a little music when trail riding and it is great for that. I tried some rear hanging speakers but I did not like the noise right by my ears. The fit and finish is pure Honda and it is nice that it all just plugs in. I ordered a different input for the glove box. The one that comes with it only has a mini audio plug for sound input. I got one on amazon that has a USB charge and a mini audio input. The amp already has a USB charge plug to attach too. Here are a few pics. It will also work with the Honda factory full and half windshield. I guess my other decision is I was able to get it for $550 on eBay. That is cheaper than most aftermarket sound bars.
NfbGYGqYSnaYH8iwSVejVQ
HDzS6hPQQhau9mcEtzcfrA
S56m4oC0RKKMTHvwgIaBg
42bSJgDkS2CSRXEbLGNxhw
Kyoabx8RTNOTIjOL87Id4w

Reactions: Talonman
T

TalonR

Mar 22, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Looks good and thanks for the info. I have been looking at all the different audio options and it is hard to beat the Honda for fit and finish.

Kevinka1977

Kevinka1977

Dec 31, 2018
Washington
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon X
I replaced the SSV with kicker marine speakers and that helped. Still wasn’t as good sounding as I wanted to I added two more speakers. Huge difference with two more speakers. Fits really well, just have to trim the side floorboard behind the speaker.

09AD0CB6 69F0 44A4 BED9 A7111F91069D 5D71BD7F 449B 4EEF B1BB 741E6DD31D15

H

HondaTech

For anyone installing any Honda accessories with an included template.

Before you drill or cut anything, use the 50mm measuring spot to make sure your printer has not enlarged or downsized the size of the template.

I've ran into this problem with the wiper kit, it must be perfectly on the line to line up correctly the parts. I use a small 6 inch ruler from Mac Tools that includes millimeters on the reverse side. It seems that most printers enlarge the template.

By measuring these templates first I've not had any issues with stuff lining up, including the audio system and 3 wiper systems. We actually laminate our templates that work and keep for future use.

Looking through the instructions, I'm not sure it says you need an extra cable anywhere that I can see. What cable did you purchase?

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Reactions: CMB
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You guys might checkout SxS audio Doug will fix you up and has good prices

T

Talonman

Jul 10, 2021
US
Ownership

1. Talon X
Sorry to hear MGF had problems installing SSV system. Yes, instructions need improvements and were misleading at times. I was fortunate to not run into same problems. The installation took longer than I wanted. I used Honda’s factory harness without any problems. It made more sense for me to use it in my situation. With this all said, I wasn’t happy with the performance of the sound output from the factory speakers. I was expecting a lot more from this radio system with the product being endorsed by Honda. Looks like More Mods more $$$:)

jtucker

jtucker

Lifetime Member
Jan 12, 2017
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
It sounds good but not super loud. It has a 4 channel amp so you can always add rear speakers. I just wanted a little music when trail riding and it is great for that. I tried some rear hanging speakers but I did not like the noise right by my ears. The fit and finish is pure Honda and it is nice that it all just plugs in. I ordered a different input for the glove box. The one that comes with it only has a mini audio plug for sound input. I got one on amazon that has a USB charge and a mini audio input. The amp already has a USB charge plug to attach too. Here are a few pics. It will also work with the Honda factory full and half windshield. I guess my other decision is I was able to get it for $550 on eBay. That is cheaper than most aftermarket sound bars.
View attachment 157580 View attachment 157581 View attachment 157582 View attachment 157583 View attachment 157584
Where did the get the dash extension above your speedometer

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Where did the get the dash extension above your speedometer
Go to the vendor forms and you will find Speeder or something like that that uses a 3D printer to make them.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!