Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Why are there only red machines in the pic? Is it because they got left in the dust there by the green machines? Or are they waiting on the camo to catch up?

BTW, this theory could change depending on what color machine that “I” get.
A thread just to debate a non reality……😂😂😂😂

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Why are there only red machines in the pic? Is it because they got left in the dust there by the green machines? Or are they waiting on the camo to catch up?

BTW, this theory could change depending on what color machine that “I” get.
Ill go with the green machine Theory. After all, the green ones are the toughest amphibious machine! ;)

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
The reason all Hondas were originally red is pretty simple. In September of 1945, when Japan tied (with Germany) for 2nd place in WW II, the country was devastated. Everything was in short supply.

Soichiro Honda started making motorbikes in 1946 with 2-stroke motors that ran on turpentine, (since there was no gasoline) and were all painted red. About the only thing that there was a surplus of, was red paint. Rumor was that Japan had stockpiled tons of it, to be used to paint the “Rising Sun” logos all over their half of the world after they won, and divided it up with the other Axis nations.

So that’s why red is their showcase color. They probably still have some left. You guys with red ones may have 75 year old paint on your machine.:rolleyes: :p;)

Honda Motor Company is incorporated

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The reason all Hondas were originally red is pretty simple. In September of 1945, when Japan tied (with Germany) for 2nd place in WWII, the country was devastated. Everything was in short supply.

Soichiro Honda started making motorbikes in 1946 with 2-stroke motors that ran on turpentine, (since there was no gasoline) and were all painted red. About the only thing that there was a surplus of, was red paint. Rumor was that Japan had stockpiled tons of it, to be used to paint the “Rising Sun” logos all over their half of the world after they won, and divided it up with the other Axis nations.

So that’s why red is their showcase color. They probably still have some left. You guys with red ones may have 75 year old paint on your machine.:rolleyes: :p;)

Honda Motor Company is incorporated
I didn’t see anything about the red paint SA, or any of the other bulls*** you claimed in your history article (though it was interesting) but ok, you run with that……😂😂😂

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I didn’t see anything about the red paint SA, or any of the other bulls*** you claimed in your history article (though it was interesting) but ok, you run with that……😂😂😂
Monte,

I am devastated that you would call BS on my musings. About the only thing that is not verifiable, (the part about the red paint) I noted that it was a "Rumor".

Thorney

Thorney

Mar 21, 2021
Minnesota / Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
Camo is tough to get a good picture, they blend into the background.

IMG 20210523 1453008752

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!