BOX1

Honda Talon 1000 Accessory Installation Instructions

H

HondaTech

Posting Talon Accessory Instructions, @Hondasxs feel free to sitcky.

I've tried to title them for easy ID. Didn't bother with mirrors as I know most people wont spend the money Honda wants for them anyways and its cut and drive on installing them.

Drop a line if anything is labeled incorrectly or isn't showing up.

Added winch instructions. Warning, they have a few mistakes.

5/12/19 Added Skid Plates, Side Skid Plates, Intrusion Bar, Cargo Box and Half Cargo Box

11/09/19 Fixed Windshield Wiper not working

Attachments

• Aluminum Front Bumper.pdf
    282.2 KB · Views: 1,007
  • Aluminum Rear Bumper.pdf
    521.1 KB · Views: 667
  • Aluminum Roof.pdf
    334.3 KB · Views: 468
  • Audio System.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,092
  • Center Stoarge Bag.pdf
    601.2 KB · Views: 676
  • Corner Storage Bag.pdf
    655 KB · Views: 490
  • Front A-Arm Guards R.pdf
    329.8 KB · Views: 544
  • Front A-Arm Guards X.pdf
    334.2 KB · Views: 491
  • Front Bumper.pdf
    280.4 KB · Views: 578
  • Full Windscreen.pdf
    771.8 KB · Views: 1,234
  • Glass Windshield.pdf
    501 KB · Views: 1,097
  • Half Wind Deflector.pdf
    480.5 KB · Views: 801
  • Aluminum Doors.pdf
    603.9 KB · Views: 617
  • Fabric Rear Panel.pdf
    579.1 KB · Views: 499
  • Lower Door Bags.pdf
    726.1 KB · Views: 715
  • Lower Door Panels.pdf
    477.7 KB · Views: 1,619
  • Nerf Bars.pdf
    431 KB · Views: 920
  • Rear Bumper.pdf
    514.9 KB · Views: 695
  • Rear Panel.pdf
    772.6 KB · Views: 746
  • Roof Storage Bag.pdf
    457.1 KB · Views: 497
  • Side Skid Plates.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 545
  • Soft Doors.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 694
  • Switch Plate.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,825
  • Trailing Arm Guards R.pdf
    383.1 KB · Views: 616
  • Trailing Arm Guards X.pdf
    326.1 KB · Views: 505
  • Winch.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,231
  • Fabric Upper Doors.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 668
  • Switch Plate.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 901
  • 40 Inch LightBar.pdf
    895.2 KB · Views: 924
  • Auxillary Lights.pdf
    724.8 KB · Views: 773
  • Skid Plates.pdf
    744.6 KB · Views: 541
  • Side Skid Plates.pdf
    399 KB · Views: 359
  • Intrustion Bar.pdf
    333.1 KB · Views: 454
  • Half Cargo Box.pdf
    462.6 KB · Views: 447
  • Cargo Box.pdf
    459.8 KB · Views: 686
  • Windshield Wiper.pdf
    5.8 MB · Views: 2,284
Last edited:
H

HondaTech

Talon 4 Seat Specific Instructions Below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BWAF
Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
All this and I just got to see my first Talon in person yesterday @ Indy SX.

Haven't even got to sit in 1 yet....:(

Tomorrow cant get here soon enough.
Thanks for post. This is great! Do you have window washer instructions?

B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Posting Talon Accessory Instructions, @Hondasxs feel free to sitcky.

I've tried to title them for easy ID. Didn't bother with mirrors as I know most people wont spend the money Honda wants for them anyways and its cut and drive on installing them. Winch instructions aren't yet available, will post as soon as they drop.

Drop a line if anything is labeled incorrectly or isn't showing up.
Did you ever find the winch instructions?

H

HondaTech

Did you ever find the winch instructions?

Sorry for the wait, I'd forgotten about this post tbh, I plan on posting Winch instructions tomorrow.

Will also post windshield washer as well if its show up yet.

Look in original post for instructions.

Reactions: BWAF and Hondasxs
Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
Sorry for the wait, I'd forgotten about this post tbh, I plan on posting Winch instructions tomorrow.

Will also post windshield washer as well if its show up yet.

Look in original post for instructions.
HondaTech, you seem to know more than my dealer. Thanks for posting this info. Maybe you can answer a question regarding accessory switchplate with volt meter. I have that Honda switchplate accessory and the Honda horn kit and horn. The two pin connector on horn kit does not have same connector as the five switchplate connectors. What are the five switchplate connectors for if not plugging in Honda accessories?

H

HondaTech

Unless they've changed the horn kit from the P1K, it dies not tie into the switch plate setup.

The switch plate is for their light bar, windshield wiper, and whatever else. Usually the switches they use have more pins than necessary to operate the accessory.

Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
Unless they've changed the horn kit from the P1K, it dies not tie into the switch plate setup.

The switch plate is for their light bar, windshield wiper, and whatever else. Usually the switches they use have more pins than necessary to operate the accessory.

If you sense frustration it is not directed at you. If true, shame on you Honda if the Honda Horn kit does not work with your switchplate. Thanks for answering.

Just so I understand. Honda Talon's rocker switchplate kit supposedly includes convenient connectors made for Honda only accessories (which I understood going in). The HONDA Talon Horn and and HONDA Talon Horn kit HONDA accessory which includes HONDA's wiring harness and HONDA's rocker switch is not made for the HONDA Talon switchplate connectors? You have 5 rocker pin connectors and the horn is going to take one of those 5 slots. So, the horn assembly harness should have the connector to connect to one of those 5 connectors, true? What am I missing? If that horn switch and assembly does not seamlessly connect to the harness why pay $150 for something you can get for $30? The ONLY reason I overpaid was for ease of connection.

R

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
I installed the mechanical part of the winch today and attached some pictures since there are no instructions. Remove the bumper with 6 12mm bolts and 4 hex screws. The top hex screws are flanged. I reused all the original mounting hardware. We will see if it’s installed correctly when we get the real instructions. For now it looks like the on line pictures. Tomorrow I will tackle the electrical. You don’t need any of the accessory bumpers. I did order the aluminum one but it won’t be available for a month so the stock will have to do for now. I added the roller and stopper. I did have to buy 4 m8 1.25 flange nuts. I’ll post the electrical tomorrow, unless life gets in the way.

C0BB1F18 CB05 4ED1 AF19 DE2D7645EF67 6E70058F 0A8D 4328 A9CD 858734FF50CA 8F511EF6 46BC 48C3 9D22 3D8B9D048E5F 3C08D642 8B41 4C10 91E0 0CACDD249059 ADE5C2EE 3383 4924 BEB9 4DB6E211A43C ECB20338 02F3 42E0 A5C5 5CF7C78A5EC9

H

HondaTech

If you sense frustration it is not directed at you. If true, shame on you Honda if the Honda Horn kit does not work with your switchplate. Thanks for answering.

Just so I understand. Honda Talon's rocker switchplate kit supposedly includes convenient connectors made for Honda only accessories (which I understood going in). The HONDA Talon Horn and and HONDA Talon Horn kit HONDA accessory which includes HONDA's wiring harness and HONDA's rocker switch is not made for the HONDA Talon switchplate connectors? You have 5 rocker pin connectors and the horn is going to take one of those 5 slots. So, the horn assembly harness should have the connector to connect to one of those 5 connectors, true? What am I missing? If that horn switch and assembly does not seamlessly connect to the harness why pay $150 for something you can get for $30? The ONLY reason I overpaid was for ease of connection.

Let me do some digging on what the switch panel and horn entails. The P1K horn I belive had it's own button for placement near the steering wheel. The Talon may be different, I haven't had time to look at much of the accessories. Everyone we've sold so far has left with their stuff still in boxes or with none at all.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Winch Instructions still not available.
Well that explains it all! Why the Talon took so long to be released, Geeks trying to write install instructions for the Honda only mods! HA!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!