BOX1

Honda Talon 1000 Accessory Installation Instructions

spentcoins

spentcoins

Apr 19, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks for posting the Honda specific install instructions. I'm used to buying aftermarket accessories for my Polaris' that come with easy to read stuff. I would have butchered some stuff on my Talon trying to figure out how the hell they meant for the factory stuff to be installed ! Lol Why didn't Honda just include them in the box?

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Can anybody with the center storage bag give some feedback on how you like it?

I’m unsure if it’ll provide much usable space and am looking for an idea of how much/what stuff you carry in yours.

H

HondaTech

Picked up the under body skid plates from Honda - No directions available here either. ANyone know when they will be available?

I'm working on this atm, shows up on my phone, but cant open.

Edit: Skid Plate instructions posted along with a few other new accessories.

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

Thanks for posting the Honda specific install instructions. I'm used to buying aftermarket accessories for my Polaris' that come with easy to read stuff. I would have butchered some stuff on my Talon trying to figure out how the hell they meant for the factory stuff to be installed ! Lol Why didn't Honda just include them in the box?

I think they figured most accessories are installed at the dealer and we dont need a copy of the instructions for every time we install the same stuff. We always print the instructions off anyway and give them to our customers incase they want to remove it later or whatever.

It could also just then being a bunch of cheap asses and trying to use less paper to "save the environment" wink, wink.

Reactions: spentcoins
B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

I’m unsure if it’ll provide much usable space and am looking for an idea of how much/what stuff you carry in yours.
I have one and like it. I carry glasses, phone, wallet and towels in it also noticed that it keeps some of the heat from the motor insulated from me.

rbtnt

rbtnt

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Talon X
HondaTech - Thanks for providing all the installation instructions. I see you added instructions for installing half and full cargo boxes. I don't see them on the accessories price list yet. Do you know when they will be listed and available?

H

HondaTech

HondaTech - Thanks for providing all the installation instructions. I see you added instructions for installing half and full cargo boxes. I don't see them on the accessories price list yet. Do you know when they will be listed and available?

Currently showing a FRD of June.

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Here's my OEM front bumper install video if anyone needs to reference it:

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
$459.95 Full Box
$305.95 Half Box

Important to note that the box does NOT include the necessary mounting plates. You'll need two of them for the Full Box (one for the Half Box) and they're $44 each. Thanks a lot, Honda! :mad::mad::mad:

Also, although they look good, the capacity isn't that great at 99 liters - not very much in my estimation, especially when considering the $560 price for the box and required mounts.

Steve

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X

We have it and find it useful for things like sunscren, glasses cleaning kit, handy wipes, etc.

Steve

H

HondaTech

Important to note that the box does NOT include the necessary mounting plates. You'll need two of them for the Full Box (one for the Half Box) and they're $44 each. Thanks a lot, Honda! :mad::mad::mad:

Also, although they look good, the capacity isn't that great at 99 liters - not very much in my estimation, especially when considering the $560 price for the box and required mounts.

Steve

After seeing them in person, I dont see why you couldnt just buy the mounts and make your own holes to put the connectors in whatever you want.

Reactions: stellarpod
stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
After seeing them in person, I dont see why you couldnt just buy the mounts and make your own holes to put the connectors in whatever you want.

You're saying, put them on any box you want? Like the Rigid boxes perhaps?

Steve

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

You're saying, put them in any box you want? Like the Rigid boxes perhaps?

Steve

The mount comes separately and you can buy the actually lockdown piece by themselves as well. So I dont see why you couldnt cut the hole and mount your own box to the Honda mount.

Reactions: stellarpod
H

HondaTech

Added Windshield Wiper kit instructions.

Plan on adding 4 seat specific instructions as well.

@Hondasxs Should I start a new thread for 4 seater stuff or just drop them here?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Added Windshield Wiper kit instructions.

Plan on adding 4 seat specific instructions as well.

@Hondasxs Should I start a new thread for 4 seater stuff or just drop them here?
Maybe Post #2 for 4 seat specific... I'll clean it up and assign it to you now.

Reactions: BWAF
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!