Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a 1000x-4 talon
Welcome from the Once great state of Michigan!
And congrats on your first ever post since joining a yr ago!
Then u prob know we like pics or your rig! Thats the first forum vrs…
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

also try CEC enclosures

D

denniswestfall

Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2018
US
I've got an 1000x-4 and live in upstate NY. I've got the honda glass windshield and the plastic rear. I think if you go with upper doors, you will also want a heater to keep it from fogging. I installed an inferno heater and seat heater elements from amazon. I don't do a ton of riding in the winter, but with my combo, I stay pretty warm with just my snowmobile jacket and winter hat. I didn't buy the upper doors because I was afraid they would fog over, or get snow stuck to them obstructing by view.

Once we get over a foot of snow, the talon usually stays parked and the sleds come out except for the occasional road riding or ice racing.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

G

Gregjones26

Sep 28, 2021
Pa
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I've got an 1000x-4 and live in upstate NY. I've got the honda glass windshield and the plastic rear. I think if you go with upper doors, you will also want a heater to keep it from fogging. I installed an inferno heater and seat heater elements from amazon. I don't do a ton of riding in the winter, but with my combo, I stay pretty warm with just my snowmobile jacket and winter hat. I didn't buy the upper doors because I was afraid they would fog over, or get snow stuck to them obstructing by view.

Once we get over a foot of snow, the talon usually stays parked and the sleds come out except for the occasional road riding or ice racing.

I appreciate the response. I live in northwest PA, about 1.5 hours south of the NY border, so we don’t get a ton of consistent snow, just a lot of those bitter cold days. I have a glass windshield and a poly rear window, and I’m also planning on the inferno heater. I’ve seen the heated seat kits on Amazon, were they a pain to install? Are you running the extended inferno heat kit too, to give 2 extra vents on the x4?

G

Gregjones26

Sep 28, 2021
Pa
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Welcome from the Once great state of Michigan!
And congrats on your first ever post since joining a yr ago!
Then u prob know we like pics or your rig! Thats the first forum vrs…
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

also try CEC enclosures
Thanks for the reply! I’ll get some pictures posted in a bit… I’ll check out CEC. Thanks

Smittyp

Smittyp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 3, 2020
Morgan co. Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
Do you have any problems with water leaking in? I’ve heard that the oem Honda uppers don’t seal well. Thanks
The only water I had to come in was at the front of the roof at that little gutter. but there’s a lot of fixes for that. Other than that they’ve worked great for me. The wife really likes them and she told me that’s all that counts😂

G

Gregjones26

Sep 28, 2021
Pa
Ownership

1. Talon X4
The only water I had to come in was at the front of the roof at that little gutter. but there’s a lot of fixes for that. Other than that they’ve worked great for me. The wife really likes them and she told me that’s all that counts😂
Ok cool. Thanks! I’m also trying to appease my wife, hence my due diligence 😂

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok thanks. I heard seizmick are the ones designing the oem uppers. Do you know if this is true or not? My cousin has seizmick uppers on his general and they’re great quality.
Never heard that. I think Honda signature is very tight lipped about who makes there $hit.
You would hear it here from the boss first if that was the case.
Ok cool. Thanks! I’m also trying to appease my wife, hence my due diligence 😂
As I always say…
Happy Wife Happy Life!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
CEC enclosures on my Talon
413A9D81 868C 44DC B1B9 A7CA588EEF7B

D

denniswestfall

Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2018
US
I appreciate the response. I live in northwest PA, about 1.5 hours south of the NY border, so we don’t get a ton of consistent snow, just a lot of those bitter cold days. I have a glass windshield and a poly rear window, and I’m also planning on the inferno heater. I’ve seen the heated seat kits on Amazon, were they a pain to install? Are you running the extended inferno heat kit too, to give 2 extra vents on the x4?
I don't have the extended heater. Just two vents pointing towards windshield and two down by the floor. The heated seat elements were easy to install, just time consuming. There is a million staples holding the seat covers on. You need a decent electric stapler to put the cover back on. I only put them on the seat bottoms not the backs
The heating elements I bought have a high and a low setting and work well. There's a connector so I can unplug them to remove the seat base. I've had them in over two years and they still work even after pressure washing the machine multiple times.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!