highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Earlier this year (2022) I designed and had one of these packout mounts made for my Talon front passenger seat.
IMG 9219
IMG 9224

After several post replies from you fine folks, I considered redesigning this per some of the requests. However, I've not had time to do that. I've made some minor revisions like slotted rear holes for easier installation and unfortunately removed the cool looking rear truss design due to issues with welding such thin material. Otherwise the design has not significantly changed.
Talon packout front seat REV A v20

I've sent the cad file to my local shop to laser cut and bend another one of these to list for sale on my website and to more or less showcase what I am capable of designing. Perhaps someone will be interested in this design. Should be available for purchase in about two weeks.

Next guy trip we make without a passenger I'm running this mount with my cooler set right beside me so I won't even need to get out of my Talon to re-hydrate!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
The shop is making what should be the last (5th) revision on these packout mounts. It's been a task to design this! The shape is not symmetrical which caused 2 of the 5 prototypes to be fabricated incorrectly. Once I'm satisfied with the fit I'll post these for sale in my store. They will probably be a special order item at this time because I'm not sure how many people will purchase these. They are very niche! I probably need to promote these for overlanding people.

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
It appears that you removed the seat back in the photos. Is it possible to leave the backrest in place or is that where the mounting bolts are?? I like the idea as I'm solo 90% of the time but I don't want to discourage my "occasional" passenger and spend 45 mins. every time I have to remove/install and then put it back again.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
It appears that you removed the seat back in the photos. Is it possible to leave the backrest in place or is that where the mounting bolts are?? I like the idea as I'm solo 90% of the time but I don't want to discourage my "occasional" passenger and spend 45 mins. every time I have to remove/install and then put it back again.
Yes, the entire seat has to be removed so this can be mounted in its place. I don't have the expertise to make something to snap into where the seat base would go. I think that would also limit the space available for mounting a box.

Seat removal is only 2 bolts and 2 nuts. This packout mount uses the same hardware as the seat.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!