Talon Honda Talon Gearing is the Same as the Pioneer 1000 - Almost!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That's good to hear. Potential customers shouldn't have to jump through hoops to give someone their business.
Their e-mail contact seems to be listed on their FB page. Reduction Boss Machining
I'm not quite ready to go the IGR route just yet, it seems like the aftermarket is just starting to warm up to the Talons (happy to see that).
Can you tell where they’re at Steve....🤔

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
That's good to hear. Potential customers shouldn't have to jump through hoops to give someone their business.
Their e-mail contact seems to be listed on their FB page. Reduction Boss Machining
I'm not quite ready to go the IGR route just yet, it seems like the aftermarket is just starting to warm up to the Talons (happy to see that).
Like I have stated elsewhere many times "I DESPISE FACEBOOK" and cannot fathom how anyone can run a business solely on that platform. Great for promotion and discussing things but for god's sake, have a website (or at least some sort of e-commerce store) where folks can see and order your products. Anyone running their business solely on FB is loosing money. I guess they have more money than me :)

I have thought long and hard about the pros and cons of each type of reduction and for me, I will go with something that will reduce both High and Low. Right now with 30's, Low is marginal and 6th gear in High is almost useless above 5,000 feet. A slight incline and it's down to 5th or even 4th. The snap/pep that was there with the stock tires is all but gone in the higher gears at the altitudes I ride at. In the spring, I intend to go to 32's and that will require the full IGR for me at the altitudes I ride in, not just Low.

I’d be happy to have it if you don’t mind. Along with any information about them, reputation etc., that you may be privy to and willing to share. Thanks
I will PM you contact info (I do not post emails/phone numbers in a public forum as a courtesy to others).

As far as reputation, all I can find is good feedback. I saw one post that "thought" their work looked a little cheap but the poster said he wasn't even sure they were talking about the same company and he didn't have details or any pics to back it up so I didn't put much stock in that one post.

Can you tell where they’re at Steve....🤔
As far as I can tell, North Carolina.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I will PM you contact info (I do not post emails/phone numbers in a public forum as a courtesy to others).
Yes of course, I knew that and was trying to piggy back onto the pm you were going to send Steve, which I see you have now done, thank you very much for providing the information...😊👍

As far as IGR for high and low, I understand why you would do that. I never ride anywhere at my property in the Rockies where I’d use 5th and 6th gear much. But move my Talon to my Oklahoma and Arkansas properties regularly where I’m riding at elevations below 1K....

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes, Mt Olive, NC is what I found searching for info. They state they ship all over so that helps.
I’m not a mechanic and won’t be installing this myself. Was wondering about taking it to them , but that’s too far. I’ll buy from them and get me someone closer to install it, and likely do the core thing. Thank you for providing that...😎

Reactions: Lil_Steve
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m not a mechanic and won’t be installing this myself. Was wondering about taking it to them , but that’s too far. I’ll buy from them and get me someone closer to install it, and likely do the core thing. Thank you for providing that...😎
Looks like RBM is putting together a website and listing all their installers. I'm sure there are a lot more not listed yet but so far the closest to you would be Send It Customs in Little Rock...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Another non facebook user here, I found this mentioned on another forum...
Seems like another IGR option for Talon IGR but no website, FB only. 👎
FYI, they’re IGR lowers both high and low range....

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil_Steve
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes but at least they are very responsive via email. PM me if you want their email address.
Yep, that’s a fact. I sent two emails, both of which were answered within the hour. And so you’ll know, they do not have an IGR for low range only. I guess for now it remains the Morris brothers. I hope that if there is someone else I’ll find it, and if not someone else comes along soon....

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!