BOX1

Honda Talon Racing

H

HondaTech

I am 100% copying the bars from the bumper to the cage!

It's a Honda bumper with bars that bolt to the cage side. His cage builder built them and also reinforced the lower side.

This bumper has taken a beating and will need to be replaced after this season due to the large dents. But he's got a better one coming.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
BlaBla Bla talk is cheap put ur money w ur mouth ,stock KRX out performing raced prep Talon.The geometry is way wrong w a talon.You sound like a liberal!It May have the most efficient motor and trans.but if u can’t figure out the geometry who gives a s***.Take a serious look at what shock Therapy says about a tolon compared to a KRX.When Kawasaki decides witch way to go as far as boosting the intake,turbo versus blower.It will be a game changer.The average consumer should compare stock to stock.The reason KRXs are heavy is because how over built they are.When you move the rear trailing arm as far forward as the KRX is,you can install serious travel to the rear suspension.And install serious coilover struts.As far as the belt goes the Kawasaki CVT is way different than a Polaris of a Cam Am.Get serious,Buy machines off the showroom and go desert Racing.Post back
!
When you say the belt is way different, you mean it’s still a rubber belt and almost the same? My buddy has one and it’s a nice machine. I don’t find it as fun to drive, I’m not a fan of the way the belt machines put the power down. I definitely wish my Talon had more power but the transmission and real gears are what does it for me.

Reactions: 906UP and CID
M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
It's a Honda bumper with bars that bolt to the cage side. His cage builder built them and also reinforced the lower side.

This bumper has taken a beating and will need to be replaced after this season due to the large dents. But he's got a better one coming.

I wonder if he would sell the bars, I have the Honda bumper as well.

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I like the KRX a lot, but suddenly it's like having a wet-clutch, constant tension belt is some great new idea. It's been around forever on Suzuki, Arctic Cat, Yamaha, Kymco, etc. Other than the OEM temp gauge, it's old hat. It also gives that sorta "bog" out of the hole due to being tuned for super smooth low RPM engagement. This can be tuned by changing springs on the wet-clutch, like putting a high-stall converter in an automatic, but it raises the engagement RPMs and you lose that super smooth nature. It is also a severe limiting factor in building big HP, as they can't hold a lot. That's why the wet-clutch deletes were all the rage for the early Wildcats, even though most of those kits were Mickey Mouse at best, and some were so poorly designed they damaged the crankshaft. It will be very interesting to see what the turbo and supercharger companies do to overcome this.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just saw a video from Polvoorde announcing he has left the Proctor/Honda operation.
Entitled rich kid was way too distracted with himself and cameras to appreciate a Factory Ride from Honda. Prime example of politics over performance in getting set up. I'm sure daddy's money is deep enough to keep Ritchie Rich entertained elsewhere. Whoever vouched for him inside Honda should get the boot too.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!