Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have a question regarding compatibility. I think both a particle separator and spare tire are important to have on my 2021 TalonX. I like to looks of the Tusk Spare Tire carrier. I also want to mount a S&B Particle Separator to help keep dust out of my engine. When I look at the positioning of the S&B Particle Separator near the roof (maybe behind the seat) and the Tusk Spare Tire Mount, it looks like they are not compatible - i.,e not enough room for both. Has anyone else figure out this configuration? Does anyone else have suggestions on how to make these both work together? I am stumped on this one.

Thanks in advance.

L

Lloyd_Green

May 21, 2020
US
I have my particle separator attached to my rear window. Barely fits with the spare tire carrier. Ba2cefffa2d565aac6c2cf12220ec094

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks so much. Is that a Tusk spare tire carrier?

L

Lloyd_Green

May 21, 2020
US
Yes, it is the Tusk carrier on a X4.

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
i hated the S&B mounted right there. to much intake noise right by my ears. i moved mine to just above the roof line. much better.

Reactions: Montecresto
L

Lloyd_Green

May 21, 2020
US
Originally it was between the rear seats, and yes it was way too noisy. Part of the reason I put the rear window in was to help with the intake noise. I would have put the separator over the roofline but mine barely fits in my trailer as is.

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks so much. Is that a Tusk spare tire carrier?
Thanks again for your help. As I try out the configuration, I will post more information. This is a tough problem.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!