BOX1

P1000 Honda two-piece windshield support bracket - HELP

S

SlappyHo

Jun 2, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
See the attached images of the support bracket included with my Honda 2-piece windshield. How in the HELL is this bracket supposed to work? The bracket bolts to the center of the lower shield and then should attach to the dash/instrument panel near the edge as shown by the red arrows of one of the pictures. Attached to the windshield, the bracket sits a good inch or more away from where it should mount with push pins into the dash.

I can push the center of the lower shield inward to the point the bracket sits on the ridge of the dash at the edge, but then the lower shield is severely caved in and bowed badly.

What am I missing? I believe this part is incorrect or this is a crap design and I'm wondering if any owners of the two-piece windshield can share their experience with the support bracket or pictures of it installed. I know this is not right.

I would appreciate any feedback.

2018 P1000-5D (in Camo if that matters)

20180714 191116 20180714 191053

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
See the attached images of the support bracket included with my Honda 2-piece windshield. How in the HELL is this bracket supposed to work? The bracket bolts to the center of the lower shield and then should attach to the dash/instrument panel near the edge as shown by the red arrows of one of the pictures. Attached to the windshield, the bracket sits a good inch or more away from where it should mount with push pins into the dash.

I can push the center of the lower shield inward to the point the bracket sits on the ridge of the dash at the edge, but then the lower shield is severely caved in and bowed badly.

What am I missing? I believe this part is incorrect or this is a crap design and I'm wondering if any owners of the two-piece windshield can share their experience with the support bracket or pictures of it installed. I know this is not right.

I would appreciate any feedback.

2018 P1000-5D (in Camo if that matters)

View attachment 81037 View attachment 81038
Mine had a pretty good warp in it as well. I ended up putting a rubber.washer in as a spacer to bring it out.

Leatherneck

Leatherneck

Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine seems to be mounted further back which changed the angle of the bracket it has a small bow in it but seals up really well.

S

SlappyHo

Jun 2, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I got this solved after some more farting around with it. I definitely had to raise the lower a bit up the pillar which leaves small amounts of unsealed space in places but it's not bad at all. I added a 1/2" nylon spacer I picked up at the hardware store along with a longer 40mm bolt, 2x rubber washers and 1 additional fender washer. The 10mm aluminum spacer is still in there but it doesn't have anything to do with this.

So, bolt/fender-washer/rubber-washer/lower-shield/rubber-washer/fender-washer/nylon-spacer/support bracket.

It looks good and straight.

20180715 160544 20180715 160555

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!