Hot Seat

P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
I live in central Alabama and it is still hot here, last weekend we went for a ride at Minooka Park which is a slow fun ride. While we were creeping through the woods we noticed some heat coming up through the seat belt holes and my daughter said her feet were getting warm in the rear seat, now in the winter this will be good since we have a top and windshield and the heat rising up will help. But during the warmer months not so much. We put a towel around the seat belt holes to stop the heat from coming into the cab area and it worked. My problem is I like to tinker and just fixing it with a rag was not enough, and neither was putting some grommets around the seatbelt openings, to easy. I had a little time this weekend (which is not a good thing for me) so I decided to make this my project and over complicate this simple fix by adding a thermostatically controlled waterproof aftermarket electric radiator fan in the open area under the drivers seat (I will post pictures once I take some), it was a fun project and it works super. This was the only time I have noticed the heat from under the seat and in the floorboard like this but we were moving slower than walking speed for about an hour and a half so some heat is to be expected.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seat heater

PioneeringFamily, What part of Central AL? We're in Chelsea/Oak Mt area. I noticed the heat as well but I've been using a lot for pulling and general work at low speeds. Noticed it's enough that it gets my water bottle nice and warm if I leave it between the seatbelts, but hasn't been hot enough to be uncomfortable though. Just enough to remind you your sitting above the motor. Is yours getting uncomfortable hot?

P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
Re: Seat heater

We are in Millbrook across the river from Montgomery. Y'all have some good riding in you area.But about the heat wouldn't say it was uncomfortable kind of like you said you notice the heat. Plus I am still in the break in period which does cause a little more heat. I have the fan pushing air across the engine (from the drivers side to the passenger side) it doesn't have to run very much to keep the heat out, and now my seat stays cool with no heat from the seatbelt openings. When the weather cools off I will pull the fuse so some warmth can get in with us.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seat heater

Hopefully one day soon I can take her on some trails for fun. Right now she is being put to work but she will be retired soon and get to take leisurely strolls through the woods. We are planning on going to Minooka and The Ridge at some point. There are so many trails in general around Chelsea that we could ride locally for a while.

P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013

We are hoping to go to Stony Lonesome Park in the next few weeks, It is a bit of a drive but since they have cabins on site we are going to make a weekend out of it. Minooka is fun and it will teach how to get the 4 through some tight places we followed the entire Red trail it's for side x sides but some of it is just wide enough. Fun trail though and my wife really liked the fact they have restrooms and covered picnic area.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Want to go to Stoney Lonesome as well at some point, we are only 30mins from Minooka so figured I would let that be my first foray into public wheeling. We have always just gone where there were trails and no "No Trespassing" signs. We might should try to ride together if the weekends coincide. No guarantees though, been BUSY lately.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!