BOX1

P1000 HOTT!!!

chipolariverman

chipolariverman

Jun 11, 2019
Malone, FL
Ownership

1. Other Brand
So I have about 75 miles on my 2020 P1k3 and I have read a bunch of the "heat issue" threads and have the material (heat shield under seat and back, high velocity spal fan, fan over ride switch, shifter covers) to do some of the upgrades and more ordered (fans) but man, it is really ashamed that a $15k machine is like this. I have just mainly road dirt roads trying to get my first 100 miles on it and I'll have to say that I am in North Florida and the humidity is thick as fog and it has been in the triple digit heat index on 2 of my 3 rides but the heat is really tough. I have added a factory roof and 2-piece windshield and basically you cannot ride it with the lower part of the windshield on it. I have also removed the doors which helped some.

I plan on using this machine hog hunting and we hunt right through the summer during the day and usually are easing around (3-5mph) crop fields or through heavy woods with not much air flow. There is no way I could use this machine without doing several or all of these upgrades in an attempt to reduce the heat. I am REALLY hoping they work. Wish me luck.

chipolariverman

chipolariverman

Jun 11, 2019
Malone, FL
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If u dont have a flip up windshield you're screwed.

😂😂😂 yea it is the split Honda that flips up and I just added the extended arms yesterday which opened it twice as much which helped but it is still too hot unless you remove the lower section which I had to during my ride. I got the Honda because of the quick detach and I am glad I did now. I was worried that the SATV flip up I would tear it off in the woods because I go down some what used to be tight trails and is just basically no trail now, LOL.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
😂😂😂 yea it is the split Honda that flips up and I just added the extended arms yesterday which opened it twice as much which helped but it is still too hot unless you remove the lower section which I had to during my ride. I got the Honda because of the quick detach and I am glad I did now. I was worried that the SATV flip up I would tear it off in the woods because I go down some what used to be tight trails and is just basically no trail now, LOL.
You need a superatv windshield, don’t fight it, buy one today, it will change your life! 😉

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Dont doubt the super atv flip ups durability. I've watched a couple of them take hits I know would have broke the honda two piece and show no damage at all. My honda two piece is currently broken from a hit and I will be replacing it with the satv flip up. Also watching some of these guys one handed close and open the windshield quickly and easily made it a no brainer for me. For what its worth I also have been combating heat issues. Adding accessories like a skid plate and mud busters made it even worse. I'm now running a single 3" bildge fan and have insulated under the seat and surrounding engine bay. It helps but I find when running 5k plus rpms for long it will heat soak the area then leach up into the cab with me.

chipolariverman

chipolariverman

Jun 11, 2019
Malone, FL
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Dont doubt the super atv flip ups durability. I've watched a couple of them take hits I know would have broke the honda two piece and show no damage at all. My honda two piece is currently broken from a hit and I will be replacing it with the satv flip up. Also watching some of these guys one handed close and open the windshield quickly and easily made it a no brainer for me. For what its worth I also have been combating heat issues. Adding accessories like a skid plate and mud busters made it even worse. I'm now running a single 3" bildge fan and have insulated under the seat and surrounding engine bay. It helps but I find when running 5k plus rpms for long it will heat soak the area then leach up into the cab with me.
Man don't tell me that about the skid plate and mud busters. I have them both on order and will be here this week. And I bought the full UHMW Factory UTV 1/2" skid plate. I have two 8" fans ordered for under the seat, I know I'm going to use at least one of them and if I can squeeze them both down there somehow I probably will in an attempt to push the heat out the back.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Man don't tell me that about the skid plate and mud busters. I have them both on order and will be here this week. And I bought the full UHMW Factory UTV 1/2" skid plate. I have two 8" fans ordered for under the seat, I know I'm going to use at least one of them and if I can squeeze them both down there somehow I probably will in an attempt to push the heat out the back.
I made my skid plates and it doesn't have nearly as much ventilation as others I've seen as for the rest of the hear from the mud busters I think it's from the way the tears make a wheel tub and block airflow. I'll be adding an intake duct to my existing fan to attempt pressurized the engine bay and to stop the hot air from recirculating across the head pipe. If that doesn't make me happy I'll be buying a tuner and lowering the egt's that way.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I made my skid plates and it doesn't have nearly as much ventilation as others I've seen as for the rest of the hear from the mud busters I think it's from the way the tears make a wheel tub and block airflow. I'll be adding an intake duct to my existing fan to attempt pressurized the engine bay and to stop the hot air from recirculating across the head pipe. If that doesn't make me happy I'll be buying a tuner and lowering the egt's that way.
You want that tuner anyway ;)....

DoItDoit

chipolariverman

chipolariverman

Jun 11, 2019
Malone, FL
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Make sure you post some pics of this because I was thinking something along the same lines.

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
20200622 213843

I think it helped a lot. in front seat area and lower part of back of seat
20200622 213806

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@chipolariverman might be something u're interested in

chipolariverman

chipolariverman

Jun 11, 2019
Malone, FL
Ownership

1. Other Brand
OK guys so after pouring over all the cab heat fixes, I decided to try something different. Now this will not work on a P1K5 or at least I do not think it will, but I really do not know because I do not have one, I have a P1K3. I kind of got the idea from michdave and his idea of pulling heat off the catalytic convertor. This is just a temporary install so do not judge me too harsh.

I pulled the engine cover off and installed a 7” puller radiator fan above the catalytic convertor so that it will pull air and blow it out over the right rear tire. I have not done any other heat fixes at this time, I have all of the material but have not installed anything yet because my machine is going back to dealer next week for the 100 mile first service and I am just holding off until after that service. Let me just tell you, I let the machine ideal for about 45 minutes while I was loading some limbs in the yard and then I took a 25-mile ride. I can not even begin to tell you how much difference this makes. There is absolutely no comparison, it was an enjoyable ride. Actually, it was the first enjoyable ride I have had on the machine and I have 80 miles on it after today. Even the hot air that was coming up behind the driver was not there. There was still a little heat behind your calf area which is below the seat but I plan on putting heat reflective material on this panel and the heat shields under the seat bottom and back and then the heat reflective material on the plastic cover between the seat bottom and back. I honestly believe this will cure my heat problem

Now my plans are to permanently mount the fan in the same area that I have it now. I “may” try to put the engine cover back on BUT will cut an area out for the fan and build some type of shroud so that the fan will pull the air out from the engine area. If that does not work, then I will pull the engine cover off and may build some type of mud guard on the sides and leave the top open. This will be a work in progress type of thing.
20200723 181010 resized
20200723 181024 resized
20200723 181033 resized
20200723 181039 resized
20200723 182110 resized

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
OK guys so after pouring over all the cab heat fixes, I decided to try something different. Now this will not work on a P1K5 or at least I do not think it will, but I really do not know because I do not have one, I have a P1K3. I kind of got the idea from michdave and his idea of pulling heat off the catalytic convertor. This is just a temporary install so do not judge me too harsh.

I pulled the engine cover off and installed a 7” puller radiator fan above the catalytic convertor so that it will pull air and blow it out over the right rear tire. I have not done any other heat fixes at this time, I have all of the material but have not installed anything yet because my machine is going back to dealer next week for the 100 mile first service and I am just holding off until after that service. Let me just tell you, I let the machine ideal for about 45 minutes while I was loading some limbs in the yard and then I took a 25-mile ride. I can not even begin to tell you how much difference this makes. There is absolutely no comparison, it was an enjoyable ride. Actually, it was the first enjoyable ride I have had on the machine and I have 80 miles on it after today. Even the hot air that was coming up behind the driver was not there. There was still a little heat behind your calf area which is below the seat but I plan on putting heat reflective material on this panel and the heat shields under the seat bottom and back and then the heat reflective material on the plastic cover between the seat bottom and back. I honestly believe this will cure my heat problem

Now my plans are to permanently mount the fan in the same area that I have it now. I “may” try to put the engine cover back on BUT will cut an area out for the fan and build some type of shroud so that the fan will pull the air out from the engine area. If that does not work, then I will pull the engine cover off and may build some type of mud guard on the sides and leave the top open. This will be a work in progress type of thing. View attachment 214237View attachment 214238View attachment 214239View attachment 214240View attachment 214241
Step 1: Buy $20 ice chest

Step 2: Buy $2 worth of 2" PVC (a long 90 and a male/female connector). Buy $12.99 12v fan from Walmart.

Step 3: Cut holes in ice chest lid to fit PVC and fan. Zip tie fan in.

Step 4: Add beer and lots of ice. Plug in fan and point PVC at your face. Pick up some standard RV sewer hose if you want to direct the cold air better.

Step 5: Drink said beer while enjoying your $40 hillbilly AC system.

IMG 20200802 140719
IMG 20200802 175124
IMG 20200807 193329
IMG 20200807 194259

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3

Now my plans are to permanently mount the fan in the same area that I have it now. I “may” try to put the engine cover back on BUT will cut an area out for the fan and build some type of shroud so that the fan will pull the air out from the engine area. If that does not work, then I will pull the engine cover off and may build some type of mud guard on the sides and leave the top open. This will be a work in progress type of thing. View attachment 214237View attachment 214238View attachment 214239View attachment 214240View attachment 214241

That looks good. I used cheap windshield shades from Walmart under and behind my seat and it was like night and day difference. On another note, any good places to ride over in your neck of the woods? Are you in a hunting club over there?

Reactions: DrShotgun
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Step 1: Buy $20 ice chest

Step 2: Buy $2 worth of 2" PVC (a long 90 and a male/female connector). Buy $12.99 12v fan from Walmart.

Step 3: Cut holes in ice chest lid to fit PVC and fan. Zip tie fan in.

Step 4: Add beer and lots of ice. Plug in fan and point PVC at your face. Pick up some standard RV sewer hose if you want to direct the cold air better.

Step 5: Drink said beer while enjoying your $40 hillbilly AC system.

View attachment 217508View attachment 217509View attachment 217510View attachment 217511

The last picture is a little creepy not gonna lie

chipolariverman

chipolariverman

Jun 11, 2019
Malone, FL
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That looks good. I used cheap windshield shades from Walmart under and behind my seat and it was like night and day difference. On another note, any good places to ride over in your neck of the woods? Are you in a hunting club over there?

russknight honestly I don't ride trails or dirt roads. I will use my machine for hog hunting. We hunt 3-4 days a week and hunt private land, farms and hunting leases in FL, GA and AL, about 80-100k acres all together. There are some ATV/UTV trails down in the Apalachicola National Forest but I have never ridden them and I know the storm tore them up pretty bad. I have a buddy that hunts in there and he said it was bad, in fact he didn't even hunt this past year because of that. I hunt there also but hunt out on the hill on regular numbered forest roads. I got my current SXS street legal and used it last year on the numbered roads but I discussed it with the local game warden and I used it strictly for deer dog hunting and he checked me out and I had no problem. I did talk with the local forest ranger LE but he was not as open to the idea as the GW but I never saw him. I have not read the laws for this year yet.

Most of the people that I know honestly just ride dirt roads and don't have a problem with the LAW as long as they are not acting like fools. There are a couple of mud parks around but I have never been to them.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!