P1000 How bad is the cab heat problem, really?

R

Recurveman

Dec 30, 2019
Gilbert Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh just think of it as a seat warmer. You pay thousands of dollars for the upgrade seat warmers in new trucks and this one is FREE!!!!

On a serious note. I do think it gets a bit toasty when outside temps are above 75 degrees or so. I also think it might be a bit hotter when you have the bed down instead of the seats up. I think the seats up lets the heat leave a bit better.

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Front and middle front seat passengers will be uncomfortably hot do the hot seat when working the machine moderately. Installing reflective foil under seat and wrapped up the back will solve 90% of the problem. The other 10% can be solved with a fan under seat blowing to back to put more airflow over the exhaust system. There will still be some heat coming through the shifter and brake light spring hole but I can live with that. For rear passenger side riders, install the heat shielding under the floor boards.

During the warmer months down here in south MS/ LA, I use my machine for working on the deer lease and most times I’m driving at very slow speeds so the engine heats up fast and my radiator fan runs constantly. I put a bilge fan under the front seat not so much to relieve heat for passengers but to suck heat out of the engine bay to take a little stress off of my radiator fan. It helps tremendously for that purpose. I couldn’t care less about the cab heat for passengers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
During the warmer months down here in south MS/ LA, I use my machine for working on the deer lease and most times I’m driving at very slow speeds so the engine heats up fast and my radiator fan runs constantly. I put a bilge fan under the front seat not so much to relieve heat for passengers but to suck heat out of the engine bay to take a little stress off of my radiator fan. It helps tremendously for that purpose. I couldn’t care less about the cab heat for passengers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree about the passengers. If they don' like it, they can buy their own machine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!