Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought a set of miller fx whips.

Bought the 4ft and they had a rattle inside them, see video below. I'm not into adding rattles so I send them back. Guy said 3ft only had a slight rattle so I agreed to a exchange. I agree it's less but still why the rattle at all.

Now I lost programing on the remote. I havent even had them out of the carport yet.

Figured it was a programing issue. They were rainbow but since I started messing with it they are solid white now.

Anyone know the secret to program these things.

Left is miller remote, Right is a extra remote from my venom whips I broke.

Thanks.

31a026235fc1f89fa4b05266746909a9

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Bought the 4ft and they had a rattle inside them, see video below. I'm not into adding rattles so I send them back. Guy said 3ft only had a slight rattle so I agreed to a exchange. I agree it's less but still why the rattle at all.

Now I lost programing on the remote. I havent even had them out of the carport yet.

Figured it was a programing issue. They were rainbow but since I started messing with it they are solid white now.

Ledt is miller remote, Right is a extra remote from my venom whips I broke.

Thanks.

View attachment 124755

Yep! Get a hold of @YardDog, I screwed with mine for a while and Jim fixed it in a New York minute while I was fishing around in the cooler for a cold one, he's smarter than he looks, HA!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Should just be able to hit the green button in the middle and it will start the cycle program over from the beginning. What is is doing now?

Edit to add: did the remote work previous with the 4ft whips? If you never tried sometimes there is a little plastic covering the battery

Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's doing nothing at all.

I returned the remote with the 4ft.

Remote little red light works.

Green AUTO does nothing.

Tried programing with speed + and - as I read. Nothing.

It was rainbow. Not sure what happened. Its solid white now.

Reactions: sharp and Ragnar406
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Green AUTO does nothing.

I had bad remote from the get go, would drain the remote battery over night, they sent me a new one and it freaked out once, did what you are talking about, @YardDog is the fixer!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Green AUTO does nothing.

So when you got the 3’ whips you installed the power supply and everything that came with it. It should once you hit the green go to rainbow and then start cycling through - I’ll see if I can post pic of manual

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My remote did the same thing. I just figured it got wet so I let it dry and seems fine now.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can scan in the instruction tomorrow but here are some pics for now
2C723B2D 6FC3 4938 8DB3 5F6B60C4AF8F
07D4F872 8E99 48B0 B492 D9AF090B6ECB
1A576BC3 EB60 47F7 AD4D 2EF8F262D325
25F76388 38FB 480E 93C7 F3A11A382F49
DE434C80 0E8C 40CA AEAC F232645E432D

Can’t guarantee these pics are in the order I took them lol

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So when you got the 3’ whips you installed the power supply and everything that came with it. It should once you hit the green go to rainbow and then start cycling through - I’ll see if I can post pic of manual
Only a little controller tube came with it. Assume that's the controller. 1 wire in. 1 out to a splitter the to the whips.

Long press G. Nothing.
Long press W then long press G. Nothing.

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Only a little controller tube came with it. Assume that's the controller. 1 wire in. 1 out to a splitter the to the whips.

Long press G. Nothing.
Long press W then long press G. Nothing.

I bet when you are at the takeover, all of our remotes will control it!

Reactions: Chooglin and sharp
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When i first got mine i hooked them to the battery charger to check and make sure they worked....solid whit is all they would do. After wiring them up they worked like they were supposed to...so maybe a voltage/wiring issue?

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bet when you are at the takeover, all of our remotes will control it!
I know for a fact they will change everyones at the same time. I cant remember who was messing theirs at mulberry but everyone that was near by had the same setting when he was done. Lol

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I know for a fact they will change everyones at the same time. I cant remember who was messing theirs at mulberry but everyone that was near by had the same setting when he was done. Lol
Yea, I wish there was a cure for that!

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yep! Get a hold of @YardDog, I screwed with mine for a while and Jim fixed it in a New York minute while I was fishing around in the cooler for a cold one, he's smarter than he looks, HA!
I just used my remote to make your whips run through a couple of stored effects I had to kinda reboot them. After that they worked fine.

Left is miller remote, Right is a extra remote from my venom whips I broke.

Thanks.

View attachment 124755

If they don't start off with the rainbow when first powered up you might be able to jog them with another remote. To program you just scroll through and hit add. To see your programmed effects just hit +diy and then the auto. My whips freaked out right after our ride at Wolf Pen Gap. One worked fine and the other one would be Millars version of white, which means it's half yellow, then it would freak out. It would flash all kinds of crazy patterns with random led's being the wrong color. Sometimes only part of the whip would light up also. I tore into it and found out the problem is the foil thin copper connections between led sets near the base, no way to repair that. I rarely used them and in less than a year they went to crap. Other people have had similar problems with Millar 5v whips. I s*** canned mine, not going to mess with them anymore.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just used my remote to make your whips run through a couple of stored effects I had to kinda reboot them. After that they worked fine.

If they don't start off with the rainbow when first powered up you might be able to jog them with another remote. To program you just scroll through and hit add. To see your programmed effects just hit +diy and then the auto. My whips freaked out right after our ride at Wolf Pen Gap. One worked fine and the other one would be Millars version of white, which means it's half yellow, then it would freak out. It would flash all kinds of crazy patterns with random led's being the wrong color. Sometimes only part of the whip would light up also. I tore into it and found out the problem is the foil thin copper connections between led sets near the base, no way to repair that. I rarely used them and in less than a year they went to crap. Other people have had similar problems with Millar 5v whips. I s*** canned mine, not going to mess with them anymore.
I just rebuilt my millar whips. I was able to fix his yellowing issue.
If you are going to s*** can your whips, I'll buy the components from you. If you can get them to Takeover, I can put some $$ in your paypal account.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I think it was the cow poop that did them in! HA!

Reactions: YardDog
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just rebuilt my millar whips. I was able to fix his yellowing issue.
If you are going to s*** can your whips, I'll buy the components from you. If you can get them to Takeover, I can put some $$ in your paypal account.
My son has them now and is going to use the working whip to add a third one to his ride, the grand kids love them. Otherwise I would have handed them off to @Smitty335 to give to you for free at takeover. How did you fix the yellow issue with @Hondasxs whip?

Reactions: sharp and Mudwing
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welp. Bet this is the issue.
Water inside the tube.
Other then spraying the unit down to get the pollen off I haven't even been out of the garage. View attachment 125004View attachment 125005

Glad you found the problem and hopefully they work when it's dried out, or is still under warranty and replaced. Guess I miss read an earlier post and thought @Neohio had figured it out already. The problem I had and the problems @Ragnar406 has had aren't that easy to fix unfortunately.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welp. Bet this is the issue.
Water inside the tube.
Other then spraying the unit down to get the pollen off I haven't even been out of the garage. View attachment 125004View attachment 125005

I put some tubing around mine before strapping it to the frame, it looked pretty weak, bet yours has a crack, I was talking about the tube!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!