How many rounds?

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay we’ve all had the discussion of open carry vs. concealed carry, carrying hot or not, semi-auto or revolver?, and what’s your favorite gun to carry but I have another question. How many rounds do you carry? I personally have sixteen rounds with me and if the wife and I are out together it totals 32 if she remembers her extra mag. I pray I never have to find out how many I would need but the thought has crossed my mind. So how many?

J

JTW

On my person.. Six plus one. Not enough for a gun fight. But that’s not the point when your carrying a small 380. It’s a defensive get me to the truck gun. I found myself leaving my various pistols behind occasionally because there was just too much to conceal for all occasions. Hence the 380. Not my choice of caliber or number of rounds but it’s literally with me 100% of the time. I carry a larger weapon when situation and concealment allow.

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a sub compact 40 cal. With extension I have nine in the clip and one in the chamber. Probably not enough, but easily concealed and at the least will make a punk ass meth monkey reconsider their choices.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Interesting question. When I took my CCW class the instructor was a retired state cop. He said that if you ever have to use it don't think you are going to fire one shot and be done. He told the story of responding to a domestic call where the perp., who was blown on meth, was holding a handgun, he told him to drop it but he started raising the gun. Said he blew a hole in his belly and up against a wall with buckshot at close range, guy started raising the gun again and blew another hole in him. Ended up shooting him 5 times and the last thing he said before dying was 'please stop shooting me'. Shoot until they're down and be prepared to reload, drugs can make them superhuman.

J

JTW

Interesting question. When I took my CCW class the instructor was a retired state cop. He said that if you ever have to use it don't think you are going to fire one shot and be done. He told the story of responding to a domestic call where the perp., who was blown on meth, was holding a handgun, he told him to drop it but he started raising the gun. Said he blew a hole in his belly and up against a wall with buckshot at close range, guy started raising the gun again and blew another hole in him. Ended up shooting him 5 times and the last thing he said before dying was 'please stop shooting me'. Shoot until they're down and be prepared to reload, drugs can make them superhuman.
Very true! The problem is if 5 rounds of buck doesn’t take that someone down then you’re kinda screwed regardless of your pistol choice or magizine count. 9 pellets at 5 shots is 45 rounds with a projectile about the size of a 9mm.

Wait... It all makes sense now! They’re carrying lots of bullets!! Lol
0E3E4763 0BC6 48BD 8BCE 447A4BF121FD

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Suarez / Tier 1 custom Glock 19, 16 rounds in gun, 18rds spare on side, Suarez "gang unit" knife carried horizontal. Suarez "grab and stab" knife for special occasions and I subscribe to the "shoot them in the face" philosophy because your adversary may be wearing body armor and be carrying greater firepower than you... (Jihadist, etc.).

J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
Very true! The problem is if 5 rounds of buck doesn’t take that someone down then you’re kinda screwed regardless of your pistol choice or magizine count. 9 pellets at 5 shots is 45 rounds with a projectile about the size of a 9mm.

Wait... It all makes sense now! They’re carrying lots of bullets!! Lol
View attachment 83812

Incorrect shot placement, hits to the CNS zones inflect more damage and predominantly drop suspects very quickly regardless of drug use. Shot placement is king.

CNS zones: IE central nervous system
T box (eyes and nose area)
Upper thoracic area (upper chest center line/heart and spine)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
My everyday carry is a Ruger LC9s/Pro, 9mm, 8 in the gun, 7 in the extra magazine for 15 rounds on me. Now if I'm in or can get to my truck there's usually a Sig P250 9mm in the console with 16 in the gun and 2 extra 15 round mags for 46 more ready to go and almost always a couple of boxes of FMJ ammo in the back of the drivers seat that I keep in there for practice. There's also a Browning Buckmark .22LR in there too, with 3/10 round magazines and a brick of at least 500 rounds of 22LR ammo. There's also liable to be an S&W Sport AR rifle with several 20 round mags in the folded up rear seat and maybe a shotgun or a lever action rifle like my Marlin 1894, 44 mag. I live way out in the country in the middle of a farm, I spend most of the day in and out of my truck/office and we shoot a lot for fun and practice , so we're usually well armed and this is just how I and most of the folks I know, travel.

J

JTW

Incorrect shot placement, hits to the CNS zones inflect more damage and predominantly drop suspects very quickly regardless of drug use. Shot placement is king.

CNS zones: IE central nervous system
T box (eyes and nose area)
Upper thoracic area (upper chest center line/heart and spine)

Yes..I won’t argue that. But center mass is how most officers are or at least were trained. Remember you’re also responsible for the rounds that don’t hit the intended target. In a gun fight or under a stressful situation they’re not thinking about aiming. Hence, center mass.
But hey, I carry a 380... I’m a fan of shooting them in the face! Lol

J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
Yes..I won’t argue that. But center mass is how most officers are or at least were trained. Remember you’re also responsible for the rounds that don’t hit the intended target. In a gun fight or under a stressful situation they’re not thinking about aiming. Hence, center mass.
But hey, I carry a 380... I’m a fan of shooting them in the face! Lol

Drills to solve the “aiming” problem.

Triple Nickle
Bill Drill
FAST
DOT Torture

Get your groove on.

Reactions: BWAF
Q

Qualules

Apr 22, 2016
Billings, MT
FN 5.7 -- 20 round mag

Glock G32 Gen 4 -- 13 rounds

Okay we’ve all had the discussion of open carry vs. concealed carry, carrying hot or not, semi-auto or revolver?, and what’s your favorite gun to carry but I have another question. How many rounds do you carry? I personally have sixteen rounds with me and if the wife and I are out together it totals 32 if she remembers her extra mag. I pray I never have to find out how many I would need but the thought has crossed my mind. So how many?

Fn G32 Gen4

W

Woodrow

Oct 12, 2015
S&W M&P Shield .40 cal. with safety, ported barrel, 7 round mag, 1 in the barrel. 2 - 7 round mags on the belt. All jacketed hollow points. Use hydra-shock and silver tips, as well. Trijicon HD night sights. Gould leather inside the belt holster conceals extremely well!

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!