P1000 How Many WATTS you running

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm on Amazon and ordering LEDS so far I have a couple lights in cart but wondering how many watts you guys able to run at one time, Also doing second battery 925 with True ISO. Understand lights can be on and off at different times just wondering what the max you can run all on same time, Also looking at the MTX stereo ..Thanks

50" =288watts
4" x4 =36 watts
22" = 120 watts

444 watts right now

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Amps is a better form of measurement to use for this. (divide your watts by 12 to get amps).

As far as how many amps is it ok to use, im not sure. I have a 100amp break installed after my battery. however my winch does not go through that breaker. Many people here are running a ton of accessories. I cant answer but you battery should give you an amp hour rating. I belive that is how many amps you can run to drain the battery in an hour (when the machine is not on). Hopefully someone here can clarify and correct me if i am wrong.

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Amps is a better form of measurement to use for this. (divide your watts by 12 to get amps).

As far as how many amps is it ok to use, im not sure. I have a 100amp break installed after my battery. however my winch does not go through that breaker. Many people here are running a ton of accessories. I cant answer but you battery should give you an amp hour rating. I belive that is how many amps you can run to drain the battery in an hour (when the machine is not on). Hopefully someone here can clarify and correct me if i am wrong.
Yeah I can convert to amps that no issue I just trying to get an idea How Many Amps or Watts people running all on at the same time on their rigs in After Market Lights etc.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
right now with what i have, my winch is from 0-178 amps depending on how much im pulling, and my lights are about 45 total with more lights coming.

Reactions: sharp and Jshell3
utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
right now with what i have, my winch is from 0-178 amps depending on how much im pulling, and my lights are about 45 total with more lights coming.
Thinking the 45 amp total on at one time, is what I will try to stay under, Do you have a volt meter(s) on your rig ? Let us know what total amps you can have running at same time with out problems..Thanks

Reactions: sharp and Jshell3
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Can't go off of amp hour on battery for riding. Even a monster battery setup only gives more time in the beginning of a run. Usually lighting is overrated a bit and stereo equipment doesn't use near rated power continuously while on. For guessing these things up to 50amp is acceptable while running continuous but that's with a battery ISO otherwise I'd stay much lower for safety.
Your numbers are perfectly fine. Can handle more with vehicle at higher rpms

Last edited:
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't go off of amp hour on battery for riding. Even a monster battery setup only gives more time in the beginning of a run. Usually lighting is overrated a bit and stereo equipment doesn't use near rated power continuously while on. For guessing these things up to 50amp is acceptable while running continuous but that's with a battery ISO otherwise I'd stay much lower for safety.
Your numbers are perfectly fine. Can handle more with vehicle at higher rpms

Also need to consider the output of the charging system and the duty cycle of the alternator. Charging systems don't like to run at 100% for extended periods, 80-90% should be the max continuous load.

Pioneer 1000 charging system is 450w (I think) so irregardless of the battery(s) used, they are only storage and need to be maintained at 12 - 13.5v to keep the engine processor / fuel injection / transmission happy. If the voltage starts dropping then the electronics can be damaged. Short periods of over draw aren't a big deal, but during that time the charging system is operating at 100% and at the same time the draining the batteries. That's why isolator are almost a must and connecting the added loads downstream of the isolator.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Also need to consider the output of the charging system and the duty cycle of the alternator. Charging systems don't like to run at 100% for extended periods, 80-90% should be the max continuous load.

Pioneer 1000 charging system is 450w (I think) so irregardless of the battery(s) used, they are only storage and need to be maintained at 12 - 13.5v to keep the engine processor / fuel injection / transmission happy. If the voltage starts dropping then the electronics can be damaged. Short periods of over draw aren't a big deal, but during that time the charging system is operating at 100% and at the same time the draining the batteries. That's why isolator are almost a must and connecting the added loads downstream of the isolator.

Thats exactly why i went with a second battery on the 1000. hook everything to the second battery and use isolator.

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So would the best thing be to install amp meter in line from second battery to pdm to monitor or just watch volt meters ?

Reactions: JTW and sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I believe those numbers are for the P700. The P1000 is either 600 or 650 watts. I'll see if I can find that information.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Check this image...

79fea5caab27f0b388da96aeffb1df79

That image come from this thread. Hopefully it's accurate.

P1000 - Alternator spec

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe those numbers are for the P700. The P1000 is either 600 or 650 watts. I'll see if I can find that information.

I stand corrected, thank you for the correct rating. That is still only 50 amps and the point is its still a small alternator and can become over loaded pretty quickly with the addition of accessories,

Alternators running at or near full capacity die prematurely.

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Anyone measured how much power the rig uses without accessories?

It was real easy for me to measure with the engine off. When the fuel pump turns on it's using 7 A and when the fuel pump turns off it's using 3 A. I haven't measured with the engine running.

Reactions: utvmi and sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Any other requests while I'm in the shop with the meter? Head lights? Power steering?

CP: I've been saying that since that jack wagon was picking Legos from his turds:)

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Any other requests while I'm in the shop with the meter? Head lights? Power steering?

CP: I've been saying that since that jack wagon was picking Legos from his turds:)
LOL - i'm curious what it does at idle, taking a corner at 60mph with the lights on, and one more - slowly backing up a steep hill.

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I have the LE and it has the LED Headlights from the factory, does your rig have the LED Headlights ? Would like to know what they draw

Reactions: sharp
utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I stand corrected, thank you for the correct rating. That is still only 50 amps and the point is its still a small alternator and can become over loaded pretty quickly with the addition of accessories,

Alternators running at or near full capacity die prematurely.
So if the total system is putting out 600 watts=50 amps or 650 watts=54.16 amps How are guys running over 50 amps ?

Is there someone on here that actually has a service manual or Tech sheet that has the exact spec on the output they could post ?
I ordered a service manual but they are on back order, hopefully have it soon.

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So if the total system is putting out 600 watts=50 amps or 650 watts=54.16 amps How are guys running over 50 amps ?

Is there someone on here that actually has a service manual or Tech sheet that has the exact spec on the output they could post ?
I ordered a service manual but they are on back order, hopefully have it soon.

I don't think anyone is running over 50 amps for very long. The only way to do that is to draw the battery down. Winches use a lot more than the alternator can provide but we use them on and off.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!