BOX1

P1000m5 How to keep dust out of the cabin

R

rpd

Mar 28, 2021
Piermont, NH
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Howdy! I'm the happy owner of a 2022 Pioneer 1000-5 Trail edition. My only complaint so far is that the cabin and its occupants get really dusty really quickly on dry days. Is there any way to avoid that? I have a hard roof and glass windshield and am considering adding fabric panels. They look really expensive though! Would they work? Are there alternatives not made by Honda that I should consider? Thanks for any advice!

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Mississippi. I have a SuperATV half windshield and an Alienshade roof. If you can get air flowing thru the sxs it greatly reduces dust. If you have a solid windshield with no vents it creates a vacuum in the passenger area creating a dust storm. They make a split windshield you can open allowing air to flow through. I have also seen a windshield with vents in the bottom. The more panels you add the hotter it will be in the summer.
#NTC

jenk61

jenk61

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2021
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from S. Illinois. I just received a mesh panel from UTV801 for Father's day. I haven't had it on any dusty roads yet but at the very least it provides some shade for the back seat passengers. I have a friend that has one and he said it does cut down on the dust somewhat. They are a little pricey, but the quality is top notch and it fits perfectly with no wrinkles. I may as well tell you that you will be quickly reminded that we like to see pictures of your new machine.....Pictures or it didn't happen....POIDH. The link to the screen is here.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Howdy! I'm the happy owner of a 2022 Pioneer 1000-5 Trail edition. My only complaint so far is that the cabin and its occupants get really dusty really quickly on dry days. Is there any way to avoid that? I have a hard roof and glass windshield and am considering adding fabric panels. They look really expensive though! Would they work? Are there alternatives not made by Honda that I should consider? Thanks for any advice!
Your single best investment would be the SuperATV Hardcoat Flip-up Windshield. It let's air in the front stopping the suction being caused by a fixed full windshields. A mid panel, soft or hard will definitely greatly reduce front seat dust with your current windshield. If you need back seat protection the rear soft panel helps, I would not run both ( mid & rear panel combined) as it would make it very hot in the back seats in 70+ degrees weather.

Superatv.com also makes this nice rear panel that flips up to access bed without removing.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm the happy owner of a 2022 Pioneer 1000-5 Trail edition.
Welcome from Michigan!
congrats on the new ride. As we kindly request of all Newbies….
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! ;)

As for your dust issue, you will NEVER get rid of it all. But u can combat it like @JACKAL suggested the SATV flip windshield and Ill add to it, a soft mid panel. If u have kids in the back, the soft rear as well.

R

rpd

Mar 28, 2021
Piermont, NH
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for the good advice! And here's a photo of my new toy, very dusty and taking in the view in NH.

IMG 7536

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
Only way you’ll be dust free is if ya buy one of these for each person riding in the sxs
EA647B53 E339 4ECA AF9A 37863BA5BF77

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from NW WI! Weatherstripping around the front and rear doors helps get rid of 90% of the dust.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: toddvdh and J80
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Look up the Tusk Wing Vents. Put a set on my 1000-5 and makes a heck of as difference when your moving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tie

Tie

Jun 5, 2022
Toronto
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is it just my newbyness, or should Honda have perhaps put these machines through a wind tunnel, or test driven them on a dirt road to test for dust before marketing them? Yes, I am a newby with many many questions, but some of them seem to be pointed back at Honda... just sayin'...
P.S. Just got my machine a couple weeks ago and love it... but many many questions about after market parts, etc. I think the Super ATV Flip windshield is likely the way to go... but roofs... wow, from Honda, the fabric option with windows that I posted above, and now I am seeing an option from Seizmik (which I can't find on their site, but it is in a picture), and another solid roof from a Canadian distributor

Please forgive me for being a real newby, but it would be nice to make these decisions once, and the correct decision. I am hoping that one day I will be able to join the ranks of those giving answers instead of asking questions.

Thank everyone for their advice and sense of community!

Best,
Tie

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!